The best RV SITES camping near
Whittier , WASHINGTON

Most Recent Whittier Camping Reviews
Convenient, clean

I’ll start with the thing to be aware of: you’ll be camping 200’ from I-90. But we found our ear plugs did a good job of quieting that noise enough for us to get a good sleep.

Once inside the park you’ll find it clean and green. The bathrooms are really clean and the showers are great. It has water, electric, sewage, fair WiFi and washer/ driers.

Disappointed

I didn’t call ahead but when I got there the gate was locked mid day 4/6/21. Very close to the freeway and didn’t look like much to do. Was hoping for something close to water.

Great hiking! 30’ RV, dry camped

We went here in October and dry camped with our 30’ Motorhome so not the typical experience others would have in a true RV site. I only took away a star because it was advertised as ok for a Motorhome but the gravel pull through was so not level the jacks pushed the front tires 6 inches off the ground. But there was lots of private space and the trails were beautiful as they wrapped around the river. Lots of great fishing spots.

Nice people. Okay location

Clean bathrooms and very nice hosts. Price was right too. Has a small/medium playground right in the front.

The location where they put us was not great though. Basically, a gravel/snow parking lot away from everyone else but even closer to the freeway and filled with random debris. I might stay here again if I was in the area but would ask to be put in a spot further away from the road noise.

Quaint little campground

Great little campground. Along a little river but not right at campsites. Crawdad along banks at night. Lots of bats at night. Right off of highway. Restroom with fresh water access. No electricity, no on site manager/ranger. No cell reception for t-mobile customers. Burn bans in effect typically in the late spring to early fall dependant of course on the amount of annual moisture in the region. Sold out prebooked for most major holidays. Good idea to book ahead of time by calling the local ranger station. High cougar population so keeping an eye on pet's and smaller children a must especially around dusk and after dark. Also bear area. But our family has never had any problems nor seen any large predators when we do our annual family camping trip there. Also be sure to do any last min. Shopping in cle elum because there is nothing as far as retail grocery stores past this point and it's about a 45 min drive each ways to cle elum. There is a final gas station about 10 mins drive from the campground that has basic camp supplies and ice. High prices for the convenience. And they close at 9pm if my memory serves me correctly. Beautiful area. Very peaceful.

Free overnight parking for one night - no amenities

This municipally-owned parking lot (P6) in downtown Leavenworth allows overnight travelers to camp in their vehicles for one night per seven day period. While this camping is free and located within walking distance of Leavenworth's tourist attractions, it is a bare-bones, gravel parking lot with no amenities and is really only suited for travelers staying in their vehicles for a short duration.

That being said, if you are just stopping through Leavenworth for an evening and have a van, tow-along, RV, or are comfortable sleeping in your car, free downtown overnight parking doesn't get too much better than this. Most spots in the lot are flat, the lot is not too noisy (at least on a Thursday in March), and there is plenty of space for most vehicles. Additionally, I had full LTE service (T-mobile), so I was able to plan where I wanted to camp the following night.

Camp close to Seattle with the expected crowds

Great little campground, yes it's crowded but it's so close to the city that you can't expect much else. You are still under the canopy of the forest so its like camping lite. Clean facilities, a great spot for short day hikes. We hit this up on stop one of our Cascade Loop camping trip and it wasn't the best or the worst place we stayed. The hike to Franklin Falls is nice, even if it's wicked crowded.

It’s... ok

The campground is small but does have bathrooms. The sites are pretty close together. It’s cool to take a walk from the campground to the beach but that’s about it. It’s a small park in the city, nothing else to it.

Also, lots of mosquitoes during summer!

Very Nice, but a coveted site

Very nice spot for a nice get away, but you probably want to get here mid-week. We had planned to just take our kids to play in the river on a Friday afternoon, and the camp grounds on both sides of the river were already full. A nice spot for wading and swimming for kids and adults. fishing, because of the amount of people swimming might not be ideal, unless you hike up or down the river a bit. River is beautiful, and scenery is great! Took my monocular to scan the mountain rocks for the big fella, no luck. Camp sites were very spacious, almost all had multiple cars parked and what looked like 3-5 day gear setup. We did talk to a camper who told us, ‘don’t tell anyone about this spot’. So it seems like it is coveted to some, which might make it tough to secure as a first come first serve. Also, not very far at all from Roselyn if you want to get a burger or ice cream. Good-luck!!

Stunning camping

As the title states,, stunning camping.. Only downside is highways noise but other than that absolutely no complaints. We spend our days hiking and collecting crystal clear quartz up at Hansen Creek. Love that spot and this great camping spot.