The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Schrag , WASHINGTON

Camping Washington Schrag Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Schrag Camping Reviews
Nice place

We didn’t get to fish but we spent the night here on our way home from Seattle. Great park. Nice views. A fair amount of space between the camp spots. WiFi also.

Love this place!

Camp on the water on the beach or up higher. Tucked in right on Moses Lake. Good fishing & a beach with sand. Fully stocked store and friendly staff. I love it here because it’s quiet, fishing dock, and… you can rent golf carts for driving on the beach & campground.

On the River

We visited this KOA for several years on 4th of July to visit a concert in Walla Walla. In the early days this KOA was nothing more than dirt tent sites. Since then, it has developed into a nice campground with mature trees for shade and grass at each site. The river is easy access for launching motor boats and it is across the bridge from Palouse Falls and Lyons Ferry park for kayaking, swimming and a good picnic spot.

Would pick else where

A lot of rules at this camp ground because it’s attached to a county park. No alcohol at all and they check Quiet hours are VERY strict even when no one else is by you. You can camp by the water but can’t swim by the camp ground only In designated swim zone

Favorite camping in the area

This campground is the best! Boat rentals, good fishing and fun things to do. Not super expensive compared to others. It does get windy so make sure you have a good tent in wind

Gone down hill over years

I’ve gone here for all of my childhood and revisited as an adult they changed management and it seems more money hungry now. They are pretty expensive considering they haven’t upgraded anything. The docks are falling a part and the cabins are very dated but work. Good fishing at the lake though

As others have said, this campground is on the reservoir at Moses Lake, but it is maybe 20-30 minutes from town. There are really several sections to this campground and they each have a different feel. I am not much of a fisherman, and have always stopped here while traveling, but I have always found it relaxing. If you are a fisherman, you will probably love this campground. Otherwise it would be a nice place to spend a weekend relaxing with friends.

The RV sites are separated into groups of circles where the sites radiate off like spokes on a wheel. Tall poplars surround these groups to break up the wind that can really get blowing in this area of the state. The sites themselves are gravel driveways in a grass field. There are trees within each group but there is very little privacy, even though the sites are quite large. These sites have access to a single restroom with flush toilets and showers. However, the restroom is starting to show its age quite badly.

The tent sites are in two loops amongst some trees. These are definitely my favorites spots in the campground. The sites are gravel/dirt driveways in a more rustic and less grassy setting. These sites are not level, so any RV will require some effort if you care about that. Privacy is still not great but it is better than the RV sites. The biggest issue with the tent sites is that the restrooms are pit toilets (I believe, but I didn’t go in).

Ok spot in scenic setting

We stopped here in our RV for a night on our way through. The campground isn’t anything to write home about, and seems to cater to fishermen. We thought the setting was scenic, but that’s about it. Wouldn’t want to spend more than a night here.

Nice overnight stop

Not much around here but if you are driving by this place is clean and reasonable. They have a very wide road through the park which is nice and long pull-through sites. They only have 50 amp & we needed 30 but mgr let me borrow an adapter. Would stay again if passing by.

Friendly, Accommodating, Lots of Events

I had the same experience as another reviewer.  An algae bloom cancelled a nearby reservation, but I came late here and got a great welcome from the owner.  I drove 7 miles on a dirt road and still found myself next to a busy highway and loud-tootin' train area, which gave him a good laugh.  He was interesting and open-minded politically, so it was a value-added conversation.  The 2 assistants I met were just as accommodating.  I'm used to traffic and train noise anyway - ear buds at night took care of any problems.  They do fun events like firework shows, DJs/karaoke, fishing tourneys and car/jet ski shows.  The tent sites are open area that allows fires, but I also noticed they were working on creating more private tent sites at both ends of the large property.  The lake was beautiful and not too big or small.  Mosquitos were not worse than expected as the wind helped a bit.  Everything worked, including the full-service bathrooms (4 quarters = 5 minutes) and mainly empty office/store that the owner was planing on stocking more as time went by. Thriving bird populations add to the good vibes.