Whiteshop Estates , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Whiteshop Estates Camping Reviews
Great on weekdays

This was a great midweek site. The reservation board is straightforward, the history of the campground is interesting, and the trail access is excellent. Has everything you need with a tent pad, parking spot, fire ring, picnic table, and vault toilets on site. Decent cell service in the hiker parking area and on the road.

The weekend folks ceased to use the reservation board system and were very noisy.

Glamping!

We stayed in a yurt, and I’m gonna let the photos do most of the talking👌🏼🛖

We got here super late and we’re still able to check in because they’re at the desk 24/7.

Yurt has a full kitchen and bath. Coffee, popcorn, toiletries, linens provided.

Such a sweet little spot tucked outside of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Great Place to get back to nature

We stayed in site F200 in mid April and there was hardly anyone there. The staff was friendly and more than willing to point us towards things to see and do. We have Verizon and had little to no signal so if being connected is important to you than this may be an issue since there was no wifi in the park either. There is a laundry facility and it had some of the best prices we have seen at a campground at under $2 per load. The bathhouse were clean and the showers were great, but they did cost $. There are no hookups for an RV but there is a dump station and potable water on site.

*Temporarily Closed*

Searching for camp spots for the weekend and just found out this one is temporarily closed (writing this on 4/14/21). Hope they open again because it looks awesome! 🔥

Great views, primitive camping

We hiked the one mile into the campground and stayed for a night. It was a pretty flat walk from the overnight parking area to the campground. In the campground there is one bathroom facility with two vault toilets (although one of the doors was locked while we were there, which was unpleasant with a full campground). No running water or showers in the bathhouses. Non-potable water pump is near the restroom. Boil water at least three minutes before consuming. There are two areas with firewood (purchase when you check in or pay $6 cash at the kiosk - honor system). Each site has a bear box, fire ring, picnic table, tent pad with pea gravel, and a lantern pole. Definitely will be back!

The park has wide open rolling hills and mountain views. Lots of families picnicking and flying kites 🪁💙

Amazing

My family and our friends went camping couple of weeks ago. Since it was two hours away from our home it was a bit difficult for us to decide should we go or not due 9 month baby. When we first got there the guy who worked there welcomed us with very friendly manner. That was the first warm impression we had for this campground then he explained every question that we had even though he was busy. Not only the people who are working there is awesome but the camp ground was very clean and had many activities that we all could enjoy. My band had first seesaw ride, swings and had experienced with jump tube. Had little pond looking lake and I don’t know how to explain this. But the whole camp found was perfect getaway for all of us. Also I really care about the cleaners of the bathroom. This place, is very good with cleaning and stocking the materials that people need. I am definitely going back.

Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

Far too congested

Sites are on top of each other and the site next to us had three family sized tents on it encroaching our fire pit by five feet. Lots of parties, very noisy. We had water hookup and the pressure was low also.

Nice camping

We were there in March so it was still a bit cold and not really sitting outside and enjoy it weather. The campground was nice and very clean. Our site was not exactly level but I think it was because we were in the first spot on a row and it had a slant. The others looked pretty level. The staff everywhere was amazing and eager to please. I can’t say enough good about the hospitality there! The sites were full hookup. A grill and table and chairs were also available. A fire ring was there also. The laundry facility was very nice and clean… and free. We didn’t take advantage of the multiple activities there but we did see people riding horses. Looked like a good time! We drove about 25 minutes to the Monticello and enjoyed it a lot! Would definitely stay again if we ever find ourselves in the area.

Clean, well-maintained, and easy trail access!

I loved my stay at Campsite 4! I even surprisingly got one bar of 4G, too.