Camping in Yarrelton

50 Reviews of 13 Yarrelton, Texas Campgrounds

Will B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Great lake

This camp ground was great. We tent camped by the water in section 3 and had the whole site to our self. The lake was nice to canoe on and had a beautiful view of the sunset.

The bathrooms were to far to walk so we had to drive to them ever time and there were no showers so this was a…

Sitesection 3
cThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Noisy, Busy, High Traffic

Felt like i was camping on the infield of a racetrack surrounded by a promenade of cars/trucks playing loud music- will be hard-pressed to ever go back

• Site #6
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Very nice

I stayed there for 3 months in my 24 foot motorhome. They usually have a waiting list. Very nice park with mostly permanent residents. Lots of trees. River access. Bathrooms with showers, laundry room, fenced dog park, common areas with rec room, huge grassy area.

Month of VisitApril
Mocsaw $.
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2021

Nice camping

Great spot, clean and quiet.

Pros: Beautiful lake views, lots of space between sites.

Cons: Dump station is at entrance of park and park is fairly large to haul a portable dump tank.

Alexandra
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2021

Camped out of the campsite near the lake

We ended up not following our AllTrails after a fork in the road heading towards the campsite, and were pretty pooped so decided to camp there off Sawyer Campsite Rd. People had clearly used the shore as a campsite before as there was a makeshift fire pit and some cleared areas for tents. water and…

Month of VisitFebruary
J
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2020

Beautiful Texas Campsite

It was my first time camping in maybe 15 years. I wanted to pick a campsite that was affordable, not too far of a drive, and seemed primitive enough to feel like camping, while still having amenities like a bathroom and water, if need be.

This had it all. It’s at the head of a trail, just near the…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2020

River Water

Be sure to test the water before entering. It's seems harmess and may very well be harmless but it will make you and your pets stinky. Easy access to low current knee high water below the damage and easy and fun to walk/ wade around in but again, will lightly stain your clothes and have you…

Fatima H.
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2020

primitive camping

awesome view of the river. people don't clean up when they leave but easier for me to start a little campfire. love the sounds of the river. perfect little off grid place for me to get away from the city on a weekend. I use to come with family all the time as a kid.

Erin The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2020

Great little escape

Perfect for a weekend getaway close to town.

David K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2020

Quick Getaway

My wife and I got away from the city here several years ago. We weren't sure where to go and settled at this nice park near the lake. We didn't do much of the typical camping activities other than a tent and a fire, but we did get to enjoy each other's company under clear skies and a few pre-…

Maranda C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2020

Great spot

I personally prefer more spaces between campsites, but this was still a great spot, even though the sites were pretty close. We stayed on a screened shelter unit, though we slept in a tent outside the unit. Easy check in process. Very clean sites. Good price and lots of spots

Q
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2020

I love this spot

This campsite is nice because it has a swimming area as well as a ton of good fishing spots. Good facilities and camping spots. I’ve always had a good time here.

Q
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2020

My favorite park ever

I’ve been coming to berry springs for years and I love this spot a ton. Awesome trails, good fishing, cheap spots. Highly recommended.