The best GROUP camping near
Peadenville , TEXAS

Most Recent Peadenville Camping Reviews
It’s not bad

I did not camp here but I have fished here and checked out the place and it seems very calm and relaxed.

I have not camped here but I’ve been here

It is very good for camping and kayaking around the area. It is very good for fishing as well and the campsites seem nice and clean.

Great campground on the lake

We so enjoyed our stay here! Right on the water and the campgrounds are spaced out enough that you are not right on top of each other. There is a convenience store on site that has most anything you need. There is also a Men’s and Women’s bathrooms with two shower stalls (in the women’s at least) - but no family bathroom setup. Everything was pretty basic, as you would expect at a state park.

Out of season, quiet place to park

We stayed one night, in January, passing through TX. Easy on/off access to I-20. The park is clean, has full hookups, and is right on the river. Wasn't crowded because it was out of season for tubing, so it was quiet. Park felt safe and was a convenient place to spend the night. The people answering the phone were pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again without hesitation when passing through.

Looks like fun in the summer

We arrived late  December and it was chilly. Sites with full hook up are limited, but even with annuals are still possible. One thing though, we found a great site (124 ) very close to the water which is a plus for us as my wife is disabled and needs a walker so if the water is too far it becomes and issue, but had to pay $3 more a night due to it being as they said a limited 50 amp service. Even though we are 30, still the cost is $3. With my wife issue it is a no brainer for us. All in all, the campground was quite, you can see when it is summertime, its a wonderful place to bring the family as it has a huge area for kid activities, family gathering and more.

Family time

Been here a few times and absolutely love it. Kids like it as well. Plenty of hiking trails and some wading water running through the place.

Almost Perfect

Beautiful, off the beaten track, free, lots of trails and pull off areas to over night. me & one other tent camper had entire area (camp&beach) ourselves Nov3 2020. if you can navigate around the dense razor sharp Grass burrs. within minutes my tent, pets, shoes and tires were covered and difficult to remove

AMAZING!

We went boondocking for the first time.  I had no idea somewhere this close was so great! We moved each night trying a new primitive site!

Best no Facility camping near DFW

We love this place! It’s free and close to DFW. There’s cattle roaming around and a lot of stocked ponds to fish in and some hiking through the different areas. Very peaceful and still close to the city if you forget anything. Be sure to use your GPS because you’ll want to drop a pin when you find a spot so you can find it again. There are absolutely no facilities so pack out what you pack in and clean up after yourself! The park ranger stops by at times which was nice since it’s remote.

Seclusion

Privacy you can walk in or boat in clean restrooms great for primitive camping. Has access to day use tables. Not many visitors . Remote.