The best GROUP camping near
Murdo , TEXAS

Most Recent Murdo Camping Reviews
Windy af.

The campground was okay. The sites are pretty close together but it wasn’t busy when we were there. Toilets & showers were clean and it’s awesome that the whole thing is free. BUT (!!!) people had mentioned before that it gets windy there. And it sure does. We couldn’t get any sleep because our the wind shook our roof top tent all night long. It was incredibly loud. There are no trees or structures that block the wind.

The Best Stumble-Upon Spot!

This place is free and has some sites with both water/hookups and some dry camping. The views are so sick and I had no idea Texas had spots to offer like this (Midwesterner here lol). Fun to watch the deer down by the shore. Cool lil trails and loved the sunrises here, I parked right on the edge. I was at a site with hookups for a few hours (self converted camper van but sometimes I just hook up to the 20a/put my batteries on trickle charger). Some lady w a fifth wheel came up and said I was in her spot tho I’m pretty sure she duped me bc it’s free/aren’t reservations lol. Didn’t put up a fight. No problem camping dry with a better view!! Will be back when traversing TX again.

Windy and free

Nice free campground with hot showers

Stunning vists!

We were traveling north to Colorado and just had to pay a visit ot Lake Merideth, Sandford Yates campground. What stunning views! The pad was level the price was right at $9 with our National Parks Access Pass. We only spent one night here but would have no issues going back for more! I have two different videos of this park on my YouTube… DudeRV.com

This is Texas?!

This area is GORGEOUS! The bathrooms are dated, but clean and well maintained. The park is excellent, and a total gem, especially when you consider that you can boondock, or pay for a site with hookups. I'd definitely recommend.

Great spot

Quiet with incredible views. Roomy enough access for our 32’ motorhome towing a car.

Good overnight waypoint - windy!

This was a good spot to stop on our road trip - easy to navigate to, easy to reserve, very level spots, hookups. But we probably won’t return. It was very windy, so I wouldn’t really want to tent camp here. The lake looked nice but it’s very flat so not as geologically interesting as our recent stops on Utah and New Mexico. Could smell the oil/gas industrial sites nearby at times, but overall I wouldn’t say it was a deal breaker.

A nice place to stay in Amarillo

This is a nice RV Resort. It’s clean, well maintained, has friendly staff, a nice park area with water features, an indoor pool, playground, dog walk, and a cute shop with lots of gifts to buy. I would definitely stay there again!

Breathtaking Views, Quiet Park

Very great spot! We fit our 37ft rv and Tahoe in one space and stayed for a week. Make sure to check the website, but currently camping is free at this spot up to 14 days and the showers/bathrooms are closed in the winter. Great spot!

Free, Undeveloped, Next to water

This is my type of campground! It has a Boat Ramp and trash cans. No grills, no picnic tables, some home made fire rings. So if you need hook ups just go to the next campgrounds (most free). If you are equipped to Boondocking then come to this one! You’ll be parking next to the lake, don’t forget to bring your kayak 😉. The dump station is nearby and has potable water (free) and the next campground has bathrooms and hot showers Freeeee! Waking up next to water is priceless!

Year 2021 Flag