Crossroad Store , TEXAS

Most Recent Crossroad Store Camping Reviews
Meridian State Park

Wish they would change the name to Meridian State Park instead of just Meridian on here.  Very nice, small, peaceful park.  There are 8 pull thru sites with full hookups, including 50 amp.  We were in on site 6.  Fairly level, but not much room to put a rug out.  They had 5 big rocks out to keep people from parking to close to the site.  Very close to the bathroom and shower room.  Very clean.  Right next to Park Office.  Lake was only 5 minute walk or minute drive.  Excellent swimming area  with picnic tables and grills.  Did not get a chance to fish there but heard it is very good.  Very quiet park.

Beautiful campsites, beautiful trails

This state park was amazing to camp at! Nice and quiet, cleanly kept up, wildlife was present, but not pesky! The trails were perfect and fun. Views were amazing. Will definitely be back.

Family time

Been here a few times and absolutely love it. Kids like it as well. Plenty of hiking trails and some wading water running through the place.

Great park

This is one of the better parks we have been to. Lots of trees and shades. Well maintained. Range of easy trails that are kid friendly. Kids loved seeing the tracks, easy access for the kids. Campground clean and comfortable.

Quick Getaway

My wife and I got away from the city here several years ago. We weren't sure where to go and settled at this nice park near the lake. We didn't do much of the typical camping activities other than a tent and a fire, but we did get to enjoy each other's company under clear skies and a few pre- downloaded films on my tablet. I hope to explore the area in more detail in the future, it looks lovely by the lake.

Walked in the footsteps of dinosaurs

This is a nice and different place, plenty of places to hike, but we really only had one day out of four because we had rain for three days out of the four, lucky enough the first day is when we explored the dinosaur sites, also in town there a great and cool BBQ place called (loco coyote)

WORTH IT!

The scenery is AMAZING! The activities that you able to do is beyond 😌❤️

A little outdated

All the pads are concrete and are for the most part level (2x6 under tires or less). Sites are pretty good size and come with a picnic table and overhead cover for it. Deer are everywhere. Has two dump stations on either side of the park. Lots of trees in the Deer Park area. Lots of full timers in the the limited full hook up sites. It’s quiet and pretty clean. Rates are very reasonable. Could use some updating. There is no WiFi and cell service is very limited.

Safari & RV Park in Central Texas

Found this place while browsing for somewhere to escape for the weekend during the COVID lockdown. Location is a couple years old and really nice. Full hookups and great free WiFi service. All the RV and camping amenities, very clean and well maintained. The drive through safari is an extra $15 per car and worth it. Highly recommend this place.

One of my favorite state parks

I love Dinosaur Valley SP! I’m a kid at heart, and a bit of a fossil nerd, so I always enjoy spending time in the Glen Rose area. Dinosaur Valley SP is great fun for all ages. The site we were in wasn’t as private as other sites we’ve been in, but it was still well worth it. We enjoyed the river…cool, refreshing water on a hot day, lots of dinosaur tracks to see. Lots of shade.