Bogata, TEXAS

Most Recent Bogata Camping Reviews
Beautiful State Park

Spent an evening here recently this fall and the park didn’t disappoint. Very nice site with grill, fire pit and table surrounded by big oak trees and right on the lake. Lots of trails and fishing.

Nice clean park not to far from Dallas..

We really enjoyed the park it is pretty wide and spread out on lake cooper. We stayed in the Brightstar area of the park and had a great time. The bathrooms were very clean and in good working order. Was a great getaway not to far outside of Dallas TX. We will come back for sure. Has a beach area for swimming in warmer weather and a dock and boat ramp if you take your boat.

Shaded lakeside camping in Deer Haven

The South Sulphur campground is about half an hour north of Interstate 30. It’s under a 2 hour drive from the DFW area so, I find it’s a nice weekend getaway. I camped here on a Sunday to Monday and it was very quiet. I was one of only 5 campers in the Deer Haven section (aside from the 3 camp hosts). I’m giving the park 5 stars but this is based on my experience of having camped here when there were few campers around. I image this place could be loud and busy on a weekend.

There are many shaded lakeside sites in the Deer Haven section. I stayed at site 68. The site was on a cul de sac so there was no campground to the one side. However, the site located on the other side was close. This would be a great spot for 2 camping families to share. The concrete pad at site 68 was level and shaded by a beautiful, mature oak tree. I could walk from the pad to the lake. It would be a great site to put out a kayak, but unfortunately the weather didn’t cooperate on my stay. So I didn’t get to kayak. I did see deer who ventured in from the wooded area next to the campsite.  Deer Haven lived up to its name!

Electric and water hookups were good as were the restroom/shower facilities, which seemed climate controlled because it felt cooler and less humid inside than outside. This usually isn’t the case in these buildings.

A big storm blew in around dinner time. The wind was fierce and blowing out of the north across the almost 20,000 acre lake! I actually called the ranger to find out if I needed to evacuate. The ranger was very responsive and reassuring. Luckily, there were no tornados warnings, so I weathered out the storm and woke to a beautiful crisp morning.

This park is huge and there is much to do. Cabins, shelters, primitive walk in sites, equine sites, a beach, several boat ramps, hiking trails, playgrounds and a fishing pier. I didn’t get to see a fraction of it, but I’ll be returning.

I stopped in the town of Sulphur Springs on my way back to DFW. The town has a nice historic town square and makes for an interesting side stop.

Would score 5 stars!

This is an awesome lake, the campground would score 5 stars but they don’t have full hookup’s! This is a large campground, lots of room between sites! Good place to go for a family camping spot! Shade and level sites! Great for fishing, kayaking, riding bikes!

On the north side of Cooper !

Good park to get away for the weekend with the grandchildren! Sites are shaded with full hookup’s! Caught a couple fish with the grandson! The dock could use some updating! Great hiking trails!

Nice South East Texas Park!

Quite,shaded, level concrete RV sites with water and electricity! Each site has a covered table. Nice swim beach, boat ramp. Great hiking trails! This park is great for kayaking & fishing! If you stay here , you should drive in downtown Sulphur Spring’s , lots of restaurants and they have 2 public bathrooms in the square that are made with 2way mirrors! So when you are in the bathroom you can see out, but everyone walking by can’t see you! Kinda creepy and cool!

Piney woods camping at its best!

Great camping on Lake Bob Sandlin. Sites or not very level and they have full hookup , but other than that this is a great spot! Located on a point with the marina on the other side of the road! Beautiful sun rise and sunsets. Great for kayaking, fishing and just relaxing on the lake. There is a great hiking trail by the marina!

Quite and scenic

The Fall at Bob Sandlin state Park is magical. The leaves changing color and the beautiful lake. Entire park is well taken care of.

One of the best campsites we’ve been to

Clean bathrooms, good playground and beach area. Cabins, RV, equestrian and tent sites.

Lily pads, Frog Courtin’, Sunsets and Beavers

The title sums it up! Nice hiking trials. Privacy if that’s your thing, it is for us and our three dogs. However, there is an awesome pavilion, swim dock, picnic area and paddle boat area. Something for everyone.