Blessing, TEXAS

Camping Texas Blessing

Most Recent Blessing Camping Reviews
Free boondocking (dry camping) beach

Located between Port Lavaca and Port O'connor, TX. A mile or so of no-fee camping. No designated sites. Hard packed sand/sea shell surface, with paved access roads. Beach is pretty clean but beach appropriate footware is required. There is a bath house with free lavatories. We were there in August 2019 and March 2020 and the inside showers (4) were locked. There is a free use outside shower. There are picnic tables covered with 4 open sided concrete shelters. There are trash barrels in front of all the shelters. The picinic shelter closest to the rest rooms is wheelchair accessable. No electric, sewer or water sites. This is a very windy place. If you tent camp, low profile strong tents are recommended. I've seen many RVs with generators, PV solar arrays and wind turbines. There are small convience stores and bait and tackle stores nearby. There is a fishing pier towards the Southern part of the beach. A few RV campgrounds in the area. It is kept pretty clean. In the warmer months the crabs like to hide in the bathrooms out of the sun. Don't be alarmed, they stay away from people. Don't miss the Camel memorial at the Southernmost entrance. There is a Geocache in the area.

Up and Coming!

This New Holiday Campground is really getting off the ground. Staff is amazing and very welcoming. They have great amenities and the campsites are great sized. Facilities are clean and nice upgrades. Laundry on site and machines work really well and its open 24/7. They have a camp store that is really great and well stocked. They are very dog friendly with a dog park and daily trash pick up at your site. The kids loved the pool and us parents enjoyed the hot tub.

Updating Park

Very nice park it is run by the Lavaca Navidad River Authority. They are building a brand new nature center. The trails are well maintained, clean restrooms grounds are kept up. Large campground on Lake Texana with swimming and fishing.

Site OK, bathroom/shower horrible

The site itself was adequate. Level, paved, hookups and picnic table. The reason for the low rating is the bathroom and shower. They are in poor condition and dirty to the point of unsanitary. For $35 a night we expect showers that are useable. We had to bring toilet paper into the bathroom, there was a dirty bucket in the shower and the facilities appeared to be falling apart with much deterioration to the walls and floors. When we asked the front about the shower, they acted as if it was fine! We chose not to use the shower it was that bad, and we really needed one. We had a small engine problem and were forced to stay two nights until we could get it fixed. The office is nice and accommodating and if you don’t need to use their shower or toilet this place will be fine for you. Water from the site hookups was tinged yellow but didn’t feel slimy. Lots of mosquitos, too. Hope this helps!

AMAZING POOL!

Amazing pool! Fantastic place to camp with or without kids. Very clean, adding new kids water activities all the time. Would definitely go back!!

Great Beach camping

What a great beach boondocking location! Fantastic view and hard-packed sand that made it very easy to drive on. We only stayed one night and will stay again next time we’re in the neighborhood. It was not crowded. Overall we had a really good time.

Love!

We absolutely loved this place! Everything about it was top notch! Lots of space for the kids to play and bike, water access, shade, and clean bathrooms. Nice trails!

Brazos Bend State Park + Aligators!

Ok, I'll admit it. I visited this park for one reason only… to see alligators.

Brazos Bend State Park does have other attractions like miles of hiking trails, campsites, water fowl and migratory birds, but the real attraction for me was simply to see live alligators in their natural habitat. If you have the same motive, this park will not disappoint.

This park is located outside of Houston. During much of the year the temperature can be warm to hot and muggy. I think that the best time of the year to visit might be in the winter during November, December or January. At other times of the year you may need to fight off mosquitos as big as alligators.

There are a number of trails to hike, but I chose trails that would provide the greatest opportunity to see alligators. So we hiked along the 40 Acre Lake to Elm Lake Loop. We first saw a number of water fowl - ducks, cranes, egrets. Then right along the trail we saw a fairly large alligator. Now there are signs that warn to stay a safe distance away from the alligators and it is solid advice. But simply staying on the trail allowed me to pass about 30 feet in front of a resting alligator. I'm guessing that if the alligator wanted to get up and chase me it could have. I just calculated that I didn't need to be faster than the alligator, I just needed to be faster than my hiking buddies.

We all survived and it was a pleasant experience.

Good free beach

About a mile stretch of beach parking. Free, hard packed shell beach. 15 picnic shades with tables. Outside shower, flush toilets. Can park on beach or by shades. Plenty of trash cans. Very clean. 14 day limit.

Awesome day park

Best day park around. Easy parking, easy hiking & beautiful nature. Gators, gators, gators!!!