Anderson, TEXAS

Camping Texas Anderson

Most Recent Anderson Camping Reviews
Peaceful camping

We stayed at site 77 and I really liked the privacy of most campsites. This spot had easy access to the bathrooms and to the trail to the lake. My husband and friend attempted to fish on the lakeshore but were unsuccessful. The trail system is apparently expansive, but had been closed while were there due to some flooding. We did explore the Wilderness Run and Sunset trails, both of which we enjoyed. The greenery is very odd here - stark contrast between bald (dead?) trees and bright green grasses and shrubs. Either way, we had a great time camping here over a weekend.

Favouriteso far

This place is awesome beautiful lake

Plenty of space

Very relaxing

Nice quite park with huge sites!

We've camped here several times and it's very comfortable. Pets allowed and it has fire rings.

Great site right on the lake/Awesome sunrise!

Well maintained camping sites with lots of space to each site. Wonderful facilities and activities around the park. Will definitely be coming back

Thousand Trails

This is the best Thousand Trails we have been to in Texas so far! They have the best and the cleanest bathroom/showers I have ever seen. The pool is large clean and great furniture! They have tennis, pickle ball, basketball, mini golf and beach volleyball. The only thing I did not care for is the pull thru RV sites are really close together! This is a must visit park!

Nice spot...

It’s a comfortable place to stay along the 290 but there are more preferable places to stay. If Dixieland RV Park wasn’t near I would stay here.

Awesome Hidden Gem

This is the best RV park along the highway. It’s just off the highway so no road noise and very quaint. This is my favorite RV Park on the way to Houston from Austin.

Hot

I don't suppose I can blame Benbrook for hot weather in August. Pretty campground. Saw deer.

Beautiful park !

This park is small but so pretty! The oak trees have Spanish moss hanging from them and there are lots of walking/biking trails to explore with one that leads to the Brazos River. The rv lots were huge with plenty of room in between sites! 30 amp only!