Agua Dulce, TEXAS

Camping Texas Agua Dulce

Most Recent Agua Dulce Camping Reviews
Beautiful Campground

Visited this park in both November & February multiple times. It’s a great place for primitive camping though official tent sites are available. No showers that I am aware of but vaulted toilets are located near tent pads. There are many trails to explore which extend all the way into New Mexico. However, at that point, you will be past park boundaries. One of my favorite areas in the Southwest.

Plan ahead online

Cant get in between the hours of 8am & 10am, unless you have a online reservation to even just stay for the day. Closes at 5pm sharp.

First come first serve

Locked in with no water.

I arrived at Franklin Mountain SP about 4:30. I was told the park was about to close. I asked if camping was available and was told, " yes but I'll be leaving soon". No mention of locking the gate or no water.

I went in and found an almost empty CG. I think there was only one tent located a couple of hundred yards away. I went to the restroom and found no water. Checked another and found the same. I then went back to the entrance kiosk expecting to find water there, but it was empty and closed. I decided to stay since I had about 2 quarts with me.

Great sunset. I heard traffic noise from the highway most of the night, but overall it way a plesant stay. I woke up early to the sound of sirens, mst have been a crash on the highway. Made coffee and loaded up the bike to go into El Paso for breakfast. I then found the entrance gate closed and locked. It would have been a miserable night had I been without water.

Completely in nature

Some trails only have a metal chain on the bottom making it feel very off the path

Pure natural beauty

It is on a Native American Reservation. Has wild mountain goats roaming right next to your tent and has off path trails that lead to incredible views

Austere is putting in mildly

Out in the West Texas Town of El Paso…This has got to be the most “minimalist” camping location I’ve ever been to. The “camping” is on one, large, open, gravel parking lot! There are no trees, no landscaping, nothing! The office for check in is a modular building, the shower and bathroom is a mobile home. There is a dog park! And the sunrise over the Organ Mountains was nice. Plus, it’s only a few miles from Rose’s Cantina !

Beautiful views and convenient to Hueco Tanks and El Paso

We stayed in a yurt. It was really cool. It was in the 40s outside and was warm inside.

You have a beautiful view of Hueco Tanks, which you could almost walk to, as well as the Franklin Mountains.

The owners of the property are very nice and accommodating. Would stay again!

We reserved our stay on Airbnb.

Lots of hiking

Lots of hiking and caves

great getaway

I love it here, great educational and heloful Rangers.

there are great caves, bouldering, and cave paintings.

nice for a short hike

just off trans mountain so can be pretty busy. be sure to bring cash to pay for your visit.. and bring lots of water! it’s hot in El Paso and easy to get dehydrated.

mammoth rock hike has great views of The Valley below.

also great to take photos at!