Standard (Tent/RV)

Max Length: 60 ft.
Atlanta State Park is located in Texas
9 Reviews of Atlanta State Park
Cool weather, very clean

One of the cleanest and well maintained state parks I’ve been too. Campsites seemed to be a bit to close to each other but it was manageable. Boat ramps were extremely shallow. Also, hiking trail maps could be updated. One trail says it connects to another when they did not in fact. All in all great park that could be just a little better.

A Beautiful And Remote Texas State Park!

On the very last day of 2018 we found ourselves camped out at Atlanta State Park on Wright Patman lake deep in the East Texas piney woods. Just a short drive north and west of the Texas Town of Atlanta set way back in the tall pine trees Atlanta State Park is truly a beautuful place to visit with your RV. Atlanta State Park is not well suited for the mobility challenged. I was unable to get down to the waters edge in most of the public use areas and there was little else for me to do in this Texas State Park. Our visit coincided with several days of cold winter rain and that further dampened our spirits and motivated us to cut short our visit by one full day. Dont get me wrong we really enjoyed our short visit to Atlanta State Park and look forward to a return visit when the sun is shinning but on this visit is was wet and gloomy.

Come along with us as we pay a visit to Atlanta State Park!

Gorgeous spot close to Dallas

Great spot to get away with only 2ish hours of driving from Dallas. The park is meticulously maintained with several hiking trails, minimally busy on the lake. Great for sup/kayaking!!

Quiet, beautiful park, some full hookups!

Another beautiful park on Wright Patman Lake, with a few full hookup sites. Beautiful area, tall pines, beach area, dock, boat launch. Beautiful park!

Beautiful scenery !

This park has some great spots on a hill overlooking the lake! Sites are shaded level and full hookup’s! Lots of hiking trails. Great place to swim, boat kayaking and fishing! Only bad thing for us it takes about 3 hrs to get to from home.

Let the Adventure Begin? This is my first review❤

I think this is a great park for families to get away, but not get lost. They have play grounds and clean bathrooms. I would prep for muddy feet and bugs galore!

Excellent park with boat ramps!

Atlanta State Park is nestled pretty far off the beaten path (nearest highway) deep in the pineywoods. It sits on the edge of Wright Patman Lake near the Texarkana region on the Texas side. Has plentiful campgrounds that are nearly maintained, two different boat ramps (both in good condition) for fishing, along with multiple swimming areas (with beaches) for folks. The major plus to this lake is that you can easily bring a boat with you when you're camping, because of the plentiful spaces at campsites and boat ramp access.

Wright Patman Lake is a decent lake, but does have a fair amount of stumps along the edges- watch for the bouyees. Fishing is good, water can get very warm in the summer which is nice for swimming.

Overall it's a beautiful park and the best park along Wright Patman Lake in my opinion. I've also been here at least two dozen times and enjoyed each experience.

Great Place

This was a nice campground. We had a tent site on the bluff. The trails we're good and there was plenty of shade at the sites. I would recommend bringing a citronella candle there were a lot of bugs at night. it could have also been because we went in August.

it’s just ok

the campsites are not on the lake. bathrooms are ok.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift