About Atlanta State Park

$14.00 - $16.00
Atlanta State Park is located in Texas
5 Reviews of Atlanta State Park
Beautiful scenery !

This park has some great spots on a hill overlooking the lake! Sites are shaded level and full hookup’s! Lots of hiking trails. Great place to swim, boat kayaking and fishing! Only bad thing for us it takes about 3 hrs to get to from home.

Let the Adventure Begin? This is my first review❤

I think this is a great park for families to get away, but not get lost. They have play grounds and clean bathrooms. I would prep for muddy feet and bugs galore!

Excellent park with boat ramps!

Atlanta State Park is nestled pretty far off the beaten path (nearest highway) deep in the pineywoods. It sits on the edge of Wright Patman Lake near the Texarkana region on the Texas side. Has plentiful campgrounds that are nearly maintained, two different boat ramps (both in good condition) for fishing, along with multiple swimming areas (with beaches) for folks. The major plus to this lake is that you can easily bring a boat with you when you're camping, because of the plentiful spaces at campsites and boat ramp access.

Wright Patman Lake is a decent lake, but does have a fair amount of stumps along the edges- watch for the bouyees. Fishing is good, water can get very warm in the summer which is nice for swimming.

Overall it's a beautiful park and the best park along Wright Patman Lake in my opinion. I've also been here at least two dozen times and enjoyed each experience.

Great Place

This was a nice campground. We had a tent site on the bluff. The trails we're good and there was plenty of shade at the sites. I would recommend bringing a citronella candle there were a lot of bugs at night. it could have also been because we went in August.

it’s just ok

the campsites are not on the lake. bathrooms are ok.