Huntsville , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Huntsville Camping Reviews
No space even in November.

Full of permanent residents.

This RV Resort is near more activities that you could possibly get around t

We spent 4 nights there recently.  So much to do yet so little time to get it done.  Being near Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, The Great Smoky Mountains, Knoxville etc. , it makes for a wonderful centralized place to stay so that you can do activities to your hearts contents.  Zip Lines, Shopping, Hiking, Dollywood, Kayaking.  One day while there we took a 1 1/2 hour drive to Ashville NC to tour the Biltmore estate.  We planned on posting some photos but quite honestly we didn't have time because of all of the other activities we had going on.

Heart of the Smoky’s

Pros:

• beautiful and scenic
  • Near great trails
  • lots of wildlife - saw a bear!
  • clean and quiet campground
  • camp store nearby
  • easy enough to get to with an RV
  • reserved same day

Cons:

• campsites are kind of close to each other
  • no dogs allowed on trails (I know that’s pretty common for national parks, but it’s still something we look for)
Backcountry-Dark Hollow West

I’ve stayed at this site a couple times now and I love the location. The site is a short and easy hike (under 2 miles) from the parking lot via the Lake Trail to the Dark Hollow Trail. The site is tucked off the trail and has access to a stream that is directly across from the site entrance. I’ve also finished the trip by hiking the loop back out by continuing on Dark Hollow to Big Valley Trail, to Ghost House Trail and back to Lake Trail (5.3 miles total). These sections of the trails are easy to moderate.

Overall quiet and fairly priced but some long termers bring down the qualit

So this campground is in a decent location not far from town (Knoxville) and right off lake inlet and A26 is right off lake. Only regarding my location its been quiet and people keep to themselves other than being neighborly. May get a bit more noisy on weekend as people roll in with kids and pets. Laundry is adequate and fairly priced and bonus takes credit cards for payment (no looking for change). Its a bit run down but for 38/night for full hookup and weekly rate knocks off a night its not bad. There are some long termers here that bring the aesthetic down with very old campers and trash and older equipment and cars around but around my area its clean, so I only see it on my way out the loop. The advertised wifi doesn't reach the campsites though so don't depend on it and when I connected at laundry to test it was like a 1/1Mbps speed. Cell Data signal isn't great here either. I have a dual LTE router that I was only getting ATT 3G signal with normal antennas but once I connected the exterior antenna I had been waiting to install I got 4 bars ATT LTE (105 dbM) so I can pull a ratty 30Mbps down and 15Mbps up. I also have a Visible sim but its kinda limits at 5Mbps on good signal but it has 5 bars Version LTE, so actual verizion customers may get better signal.

Great spot fir kids

Lots of RVs packed in close together. Bath house was OK. On the good side there were lots of families and pets. Playground with bounce house. Pool and basketball courts. Office staff was efficient and helpful.

Clean, Fun and Beautiful!

This was my second trip to the Cumberland Mountain State Park Campground. This campground has everything you need and nothing you don't. The prices are reasonable and the hiking trails within the park start right next to the campsites. The campground has clean water, plenty of hookups and is so incredibly quiet.  This is one of my favorite campgrounds.

Wow. What an amazing cabin! Best one yet!

Just amazing! Stunning cabin. They supply wood. Water, electric and everything you need. Right in the water. Listen to the river. See the photos. It was awesome!

Perfect!

Greenbrier is the best. Entrance is beautifully decorated, staff really nice and accommodating, bathrooms/showered nicest I’ve seen and the location on river amongst the trees is idyllic.

LOVE THIS PLACE

This campground is a first come first serve basis. The hosts are amazing!!! They brought my firewood everyday and even took all the kids for rides on the golf cart around the campground. We had 8 kids with is so that took a few trips. The campground is beautiful and most of the people camping there set up for the season and everyone watches out for each other. I highly recommend a stay at Riley Creek you will not be disappointed.