Falling Water , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Falling Water Camping Reviews
Amazing

Absolutely incredible park. Very busy but easy to spread out. We stayed at campsite e217 and it was a pull through and quite spacious. Bath house was clean. The 2 regular stalls had very low toilets with no separate seat. The park office and store was well equipped and was open to 10pm every night!

There was a fun little "village" on the grounds as well with a general store and outfitter. There was a restaurant but was closed due to coronavirus. I wish we found the store first because trekking poles would have been great on the trails.

THE TRAILS. Words cannot do them justice the hike down to the base of the falls was slow going down. There is a railing but this is where trekking poles would have been a benefit. But oh was it worth it.

I realized after leaving I took no photos of the campsite, but yes, great spot

Beautiful clean state park

We really enjoyed Rock Island State Park. The campgrounds are easily accessible and roomy. We were there only couple days but would love to go back and visit some of the cute shops and ice cream trailer at the entrance later. It is probably lots of fun in the summer with the huge beach. We plan to visit again soon. FYI there are some sites with sewer. I didn’t realize this when I reserved. They have great dump station but prefer to have that taken care of before we pull out.

Great TN State Park

Really nice sites and facilities and super helpful staff. Great hiking trails and the falls are beautiful. A great park for a relaxing get away.

An exercise in packing

The Walls of Jehrico trail offers a handful of first-come/first-serve primitive campsites set adjacent to two separate water sources (streams).  Any equipment must be carried in and out which makes for a perfect backpacking experience.

Your campsite offers little privacy due to trail proximity but that should not distract from a wonderful experience.

There are minimal places to stock up on necessities along the road so be sure and come equipped.  There is also no cell service so make sure you plan accordingly and have an emergency system in place.

BUSY!

Harrison Bay SP near Harrison, Tn is obviously a popular park. I arrived on Sunday and the crowds were leaving. And yet the park was still crowded. Nice lake , good fishing. There are several sites on the water and plenty up in the woods too. These are nice sites. Paved and for the most part level. Depending on where your site is there is a lot of room to set up. Well maintained park. A lot of activities to keep you occupied.

Clean Family Friendly Campground

We had a great time at Fall Creek Falls when we visited in October 2020. The park is very well maintained and the campsites are nicely spaced. We were supposed to stay in campsite A26, but had a really hard time locating it when we arrived after dark. We ended up staying in A25, which was a little difficult to get our 30' travel trailer into due to trees surrounding the site and the access road. We ultimately learned from a park ranger that A26 had its own service road, which we would never have found without the direction from the ranger. The time of year was beautiful to visit and the hike down to the base of the falls was short enough to do prior to our check-out time and long enough to help get our kids' energy out before the next leg of our trip. It was a truly beautiful waterfall. We would definitely go back.

Nice Primitive Campground

Trying to get into campground during afternoon hours maybe challenging to bigger RV units. Foster Falls parking does get full, can overflow towards campground even though it says registered campers. We had a pop up so we were able to pull thru at out site #9. Many sites are bigger pad sites for tents & can still have room left for relaxation. Bathroom was aged, did have shower.

Perfect RV stop

We stopped here for a night and made reservations on the fly. We called at 6:30pm and were told there would be a list of available spots and a drop box for fees. We got in the spot pretty easily and woke up to the most gorgeous view over the water! Cant wait to stop for a couple days on our way back home and explore. Friendly people, very clean bathrooms and showers, great hookups, and quiet!

Cheap, Pretty, and Simple

This is a very simple, very basic park. It's $20/night and you get a spacious spot with a nice view. The dump site isn't the best and there's nothing spectacular about it other than the cost. The restrooms are pretty stretched out to, so you'll want to drive to it but walk depending on your spot. I wouldn't recommend this one for families, but me and some buddies went to this one and it was perfectly fine.

Cloudland Canyon Camping Solo with 4 kids!

I’m a mom and aunt to 4 kiddos and decided to go camping with them but they are 10, 8, 6 and 3 so I knew I would struggle to get the tent up for all of us, and it was a bit chilly for the littles. So, I opted for the yurt option at Cloudland Canyon! It was a beautiful spot! Had everything we needed within the state park. Snacks/drinks at check in. Felt secluded but had other yurts nearby and a very clean bathroom and shower area! I’ve tent camped a lot and this was a very memorable experience for all the kids! We made breakfast on the campfire, watched Hocus Pocus late inside the yurt (using my computer and Hot spot from my phone) and hiked during the day! The views were spectacular (but whoa if you are afraid of heights) 😬 I will go back!