The best YURTS camping near
Pickens , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Pickens Camping Reviews
We’ll Be Back!

We finally made it to Emberglow in early November 2020. It was perfect. It didn’t feel like a parking lot with RVs and campers but had enough space in between each spot with plenty to do for kids and adults.

Clean. Safe. Easy. Good location.

For a private organized campground, this really is one of the best spots in Brevard.

Sites are all gravel. We have hammocked camped here, and this last trip, I camped in my Motorcycle trailer. Great spot to be for riding around the blue ridge mountains.

Most sites have electric and water. You will likely need to level anything you bring.

There is decent wi-fi, though it can be spotty when everyone gets on at night.

Decent 3 bar verizon coverage.

Bathhouses are super clean and the entire place has a friendly vibe. Sites are fairly close, but the trees help it feel secluded. Can be a bit noisy at night as sound carries, especially on weekends when there is more campers coming in.

Roads are tight and twisty, I had a tough time backing in my 10' utility trailer into spot 220.

No online reservation system. Not really any views. Just a nice solid campground with decent rates. About a 20 minute drive to Brevard and area attractions. But you can hit Ceasars Head Park about 5 minutes due south on 276 for some great hiking.

Great Campground

Stayed here for the weekend and Emberglow hosted a 5K. It was a great time. Great family campground. All camping sites are gravel so make sure you have some leveling blocks. They also have yurts and tree houses that look like a blast as well. Definitely will be back.

Very clean bathrooms and showers

Some sites are pretty close together. The sites closer to the lake have more privacy-without direct lake views. Lake is underwhelming-but still nice. Bathroom and showers are cleaned well everyday-and are heated. Book ahead-the guy said they'd been completely full since June.

Poor water pressure

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Pretty and convenient.

20 minutes from downtown Asheville, we got to enjoy the city a little bit while also camping. Campground and staff were great but campsites are extremely close together (we stayed at hard times loop), some of the RV sites at Big John Loop seem to have a bit more privacy, however those are completely paved and not suitable for tents. We have Verizon and usually get service everywhere even spotty locations but our phones hardly worked there and definitely no internet. We got lucky (due to the cold I think), the site next to us was empty until our last day. The showers kinda suck, it’s a few seconds of timed release, if you’re trying to get clean and wash your hair having to keep pushing a button every 30 seconds that the water goes out is pretty annoying, specially when it’s so cold. And the lack of pressure and position of the shower makes you have to almost lean on the wall.

Wonderful family campground

Just spent the weekend here and loved it! Great place for kids with jump pad, swingset, slides, climbing dome, pool, a creek to explore, hiking trails, and more! We planned to explore the area (Chimney Rock, Lake Lure) but ended up staying the entire time in the campground. Just a beautiful new place, very relaxing. We will definitely be back! Would be a wonderful place to plan a group trip due to the variety of accommodations (RV sites, treehouses, remodeled campers, pods, tent sites, etc.).

First solo trip - perfect spot!

I decided to stay at Lake Powhatan for my first solo camping trip and campsite 063 was the perfect location. I was right next to the campsite host and the bathrooms, so I felt safe the whole time. I went during the week, so despite being next to the bathrooms, it was very quiet. The only downside to this site was the picnic table was directly on top of the trees, so my hammock was almost directly on top of the table. But other than that, I have no complaints.

The bathrooms were very nice. Staff came around and cleaned the bathrooms and showers every morning. And the fact that they were both individual, private rooms were very convenient, as I had my service dog with me, so I was able to bring a towel to put on the ground while I showered and I didn’t have to worry about anyone else in the bathroom trying to pet him.

All of the staff was super friendly, but it was a minor inconvenience that the campground store was closed due to COVID, so if you needed ice or firewood, you had to drive up to the gas station that was a few miles out.

I would definitely go back again though!

Awesome location

Camped here for one night. Busy campground but still pretty private. Amenities were a plus if you’re looking to shower. Only bummer was that dogs aren’t allowed to swim in the lake..Not a bad drive from campground to downtown Asheville!