The best YURTS camping near
Indian Hills , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Indian Hills Camping Reviews
Awesome campground run by the NICEST family

I have brought family here, planned a girls trip here, planned just nice getaways here.. etc. And I'll keep on coming back because this camping spot is incredible for the cabin or the rv camping experience. The sites are well spaced. The grounds are well planned. Everyone is so nice. It is just awesome out here.

Easily one of my favorite campgrounds

My husband & I happened upon this place last year when we were looking for a place to camp but all popular campsites were fully booked. Someone suggested this place to us and we were happy & more than lucky that we came. The owner was so nice and directed us to just set up tent anywhere.  The place was starting to get full but we were able to set up tent next to the pond which was a lovely spot. After setting up our tent, it was time to relax.  I brought my guitar (which i always do when we go to the mountains) and just started to play a lil bit to myself (not a great player, just likes to play).  That kind of drew the other campers and next thing we know, we were all jamming and singing.  Mind you this is not a very large campsite but the size of it and the way the campsite is set up makes for easy mingling. The campers are mostly bikers and they are all very friendly and outgoing. I think that makes this place special.  There is a shed where food is served for bfast and dinner if you are too tired to cook.  There are two charcoal grills if you want to make your own bbq. Overall, i fell in love with this place and we are hoping to come back very soon. SOON!

Fly Fishing Fun

Unicoi has many wonderful full hook up sites. Sites 23-29 are wonderful. There is 1,050 acres to hike, fish, camp and relax. Nestled in pristine North Georgia mountains. Good for single, family or even group campers. Close to a wonderful Bavarian town know as Helen Georgia. If you like to raft or kaiak this can be accessed very close to Helen. There are also 29 cottages for you to rent if that is your thing.

Nearby, but not at the top of my go-to places.

Although a nice campground several things turned me off about this campground.  Mainly the lack of enforcement of dogs running loose, owners not cleaning up after their dogs and enforcement of number of people on a site.  The roads into the campground loops are narrow in spots and not well marked at all.  Backing our 30' motorhome into our site required asking the neighbor to move his truck off our site and maneuvering around other vehicles parked in the road.  The site was fairly level and offered a picnic table and fire ring with quite a bit of grassy area. Unfortunately, the neighbor on that side decided it belonged to them and set up games in it, then near dark other people joined them and set up a third tent in that area. Sites are 30/20 electric and water, but there is a dump station.  This has the potential to be a very nice campground, and I'll go back sometime. Perhaps we just had one bad experience so we'll try it again sometime.

Great water views

We stayed in campsite 71 for three nights in late January. The weather was chilly but calm. We loved the water views and the quiet setting. During the weekdays we were almost alone in our portion of the park, so we enjoyed taking the dog down to the little beach area (as there was no fishing). The weekend resulted in quite a bit of traffic as all the waterfront lots were filled. Decent separation between stalls, but lost the woody feel instantly.

We selected a site fairly close to the bathhouse, but those facilities were closed the entire time we were there. I didn’t observe any signage about why these where closed. This created a longer walk to the showers than desired in the 30-degree nights.

We arrived after hours and tried to check in the next morning. The office staff was very strict about observing their lunch hour. They were walking out as we were walking up and didn’t offer to assist us. There was no answering machine either as we tried to call a couple times once the lunch hour was over. Once we did make contact they were super friendly and helpful.

Oct 31 2020

We had a good time

Nice place to camp

I like this place

Great Campground

My wife and I decided to make a last minute trip to Tugaloo State Park this past weekend. The sites were large and spacious. We were in site #8 right on the lake. Water, electric and cable tv connections. No sites with sewer, but dump station has two receptacles so there was no wait to dump tanks on way out.

Great Lake campground

Really enjoyed the lakefront campsites. We stayed at site 7 which is a pull through. We had camper and extra car with boat and kayak and fit with a little extra room. Able to kayak right from campsite. Campground has over 100 sites. None of the lake front were bad, some were low level, some had fenced railing with a little drop. All had great views some interior lots had lake views. Some interior lots were close together. Bath houses were very clean and spacious. Have a couple of hiking trails. I did the Sassafras’s Loop trail which follows the lake shore most of time and great views the rest. Our dogs loved all the space, no swimming due to temperatures in the 40s. Lots of stars at night. Very clean and well kept park. Camp hosts were helpful. Very nice staff at the Visitor Center, registration area. They also have cabins with docks and yurts as well. Great views from them as well. Will be back in warmer weather.

Clean. Safe. Easy. Good location.

For a private organized campground, this really is one of the best spots in Brevard.

Sites are all gravel. We have hammocked camped here, and this last trip, I camped in my Motorcycle trailer. Great spot to be for riding around the blue ridge mountains.

Most sites have electric and water. You will likely need to level anything you bring.

There is decent wi-fi, though it can be spotty when everyone gets on at night.

Decent 3 bar verizon coverage.

Bathhouses are super clean and the entire place has a friendly vibe. Sites are fairly close, but the trees help it feel secluded. Can be a bit noisy at night as sound carries, especially on weekends when there is more campers coming in.

Roads are tight and twisty, I had a tough time backing in my 10' utility trailer into spot 220.

No online reservation system. Not really any views. Just a nice solid campground with decent rates. About a 20 minute drive to Brevard and area attractions. But you can hit Ceasars Head Park about 5 minutes due south on 276 for some great hiking.