The best YURTS camping near
Parkesburg , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Parkesburg Camping Reviews
Quiet

We only went once, and not much was open. Nice cute country store on site. Ground was not level where we were. I hear now they assign sites. When we went it was first come first serve. Nice people and the campground was quiet and pretty scenery

Love it here!

We love to stay here anytime of year. We stay down by the river. Electric and water only, but there is a honeypot that will pump out if you stay longer. There is an area you can get in to the river to go tubing. So much fun!

Two major flaws

My son got poison sumac behind our site, and the nearby shooting range is incredibly loud.

It is a nice campground with fun amenities, but we won't visit again.

Covid Sucks, Circle m doesn’t

Great campground unfortunately due to Covid most of the fun parts are closed. Overall excellent place, we will definitely be back.

Very Busy, But HUGE amount of trails!

We camped here this weekend, working on some Scouting requirements. Had a great time! The only downsides: (1) the grass was quite tall in the Organized Group Camp sites (above-ankle grass + scouts in and out of tents after the dew falls = wet feet!); (2) It was fine for us this specific time, but if more/all the Organized Group Campsite spots were being used, there would not have been anywhere near enough toilets (unless the boys just all use the woods).  Other than that, was a great time! Parking is just by the Organized Camp sites; there really are toilets, even if only one, non-flush toilet per 5 organized group sites; SO many great trails, etc. The regular campsites were FULLY filled with people too, even after Labor Day! :-)

We also took the Guided Mushroom Hike, and it was great! Around 3-4 miles in 4 hours, with a LOT of observation and collection! Photos included in my comment. Also a great treat for all was that in addition to the great Ranger leading the tour, there were also two members of the Philly Mycology Club on the hike too! So between the three of them, this was an informative group! And VERY patient with my kids who asked probably around a thousand questions.

All in all, a GREAT time!

Scenic trails

A great state park with scenic trails and swimming available. Very popular area for children to enjoy with their parents.

The best!

Such a wonderful campground. We have visited 5x this year. Wooded sites, open sites, tent sites. All great!

Nice park and camping

I live very much nearby this park, and usually come for hiking. However my daughter and I have camped here several times for the quick local getaway.

Have stayed in A and B loops. Many of the campsites are small, and privacy varies. I recommend doing some reconnaissance while you're there to scope out the best sites for subsequent trips. I'd skip the side of B loop that backs up to C loop, not only do you see your neighbors on either side, but also behind you. The back ends of the loops seem to have better privacy.

Our most recent trip we stayed in B25. The site was huge. Excellent for a large tent or multiple smaller ones. Could barely see our neighbors to either side, and the way the parking pad was, our Jeep blocked anyone across the way from seeing us. Downside: poor cell reception, furthest site from bathrooms. Still, id rent this site again.

A loop has better cell reception. Some of the sites in the 40s have better privacy but the spaces are tiny. Have also stayed in A8, which was large but there were no trees between it and A6.

Bathrooms have been clean every time I've been here, and showers have plenty of hot water.

In case of forgetting something, theres a shopping center with walmart, lowes, and a couple fast food options nearby.

Attached pic is from site B25

Super clean and nice people!

We enjoyed everything and the people were friendly.  Worth the trip!

Great Campground, huge sites!

At arrival we went straight our site,68. Large paved pad and huge grassy area around it. Trees around but none directly on the lot keeping us shaded and exposed and different times of the day. Very quiet. Fishing dock, and walking path. Across the pond is boat rentals and a zip lining. Great area. Def adding this to the list of places to return!!