Camping in Sterlingville

147 Reviews of 27 Sterlingville, New York Campgrounds

cThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

Peaceful!

This is my go-to campground when I need to relax and reflect. Beautiful lakeside sites and always a cool breeze from Lake Ontario. Staff have always been friendly and helpful.

SiteL47
Month of VisitOctober
Joshua J.
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Our family favorite

Wellesley, Island State Park is right on the Canadian border. The island is beautiful and the perfect spot to be July to September. They have cabins, RV sites, sites with electric hook up, and rough camp sites. If you love being on the water boat rentals are fairly priced at two locations on the…

Sitecoyote 7, and 8
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Will be nice when it’s sorted out

Association Island is a great prospect, a failed KOA recently acquired by Sun Outdoors who are clearly struggling to get it up to scratch. We stayed three nights. The internet was down for 24 hours, there was no hot water in the showers because we were told the propane had run out, the laundry…

SiteH73
Month of VisitOctober
Brittany L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

So much to do!

We loved camping here. There were many things to do for kids but also adults. They have pontoon and kayak rentals. Golf cart rentals. Cool bikes for kids. They had a little farmers market on the Saturday which was great. Sites can feel a little packed and we couldn’t see fireworks from the…

• Corner site
SiteH46
R
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Nice place

Everything about this place is nice. Sites are large and staff is nice. It was great to have two pools and a bar. Things I would change. Make River sites hookup for TT’s, add cable TV, and pave the rest of the campground.

M
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2021

Idk

Wanted to like it but it feels too crowded and overused. Is this a man made lake? Not bad fishing and plenty of convenienves but couldnt launch our kayaks from our premium watersite. Definitely not worth the price.

• Play button icon
Daniel V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Nice little state park by the St Lawrence river

This is a nice little state park with great views on the St Lawrence river.  Try to find a campsite by the river.  You can go swim or do SUP and whatnot.  Lovely.

John B.
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Beautiful and Peaceful

Beautiful view of the river. Easy access to swim in the water.

Very clean bathrooms

Electric site with water

Boat launch

Plenty of tree to hang your hammock

Very relax on the rules

Small but quite

Site42-43
Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Beautiful, Quiet, and On-the-Grid!

Stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed the down time.

Paddling the St. Lawrence River was a highlight and it was also super convenient to be able to get work done via my hotspot right from our site (I have AT&T).

The facilities were also kept super clean and they sell ice, snacks, and…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Need a boat

I came here a couple days ago only to realize that all except one campsite needs a boat to be reached. It's first come first serve so best to find another place if you intend to drive up to your campsite. The drive up campsite had an outhouse though so that was nice

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Need a boat

Sheri C.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Peaceful, beautiful wooded private sites

My husband candy I went for work. Stayed there from Sunday through Thursday’s. First booked a site without electric. YES THEY HAVE 3 loops with electric. While driving there I took a peak online to find that they had one site that had come available with electric. We immediately called and…

E
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Shhh….

One of my favorite parks ever. Absolutely perfect. Water views, cheap good firewood, big private sites and brand new bathhouses.

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Nice State park

We camped in loop F site 43 with full hookups, nice asphalt pad picnic table and fire ring. Our site is located adjacent to a mowed grass path that leads to the main road, close to the camp store. Beautiful area, lots of hiking and biking trails and swim area.

SiteF-43