Camping in Elk Creek

239 Reviews of 95 Elk Creek, New York Campgrounds

Carolyn W.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Weekend getaway

I was a bit worried about how the rangers....some reviews were negative mainly due to the rangers. But we had a great time and rangers/ campers were nice and respectful. Wish we could have more tents/car on site.

g
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Very nice lake with dispersed sites

Was able to tent fairly close to the lot. No cell service. If you bring a handsaw youll be good for firewood. Bugs were pretty bad. Awesome sunrise.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Clean and scenic

Went there this weekend. The site was clean and the pond area was very scenic. Not too rowdy neighbors which was a plus for us

SiteG158
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Good for a weekend getaway

Site F -90- there is a slope on the site with limited privacy. I suggest avoiding this site but there are quite a few other sites that looked nice and a stream flowing through.

SiteF90
Raj T.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Giant Ledge Camp Site

Best site in Catskills, sunrise and sunset

Caleb J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

I didn't know what to expect.

I love hiking and camping. However the descriptions of this place in reviews here and elsewhere provided very little info and once I got out to the trail realized how different it was to what I expected. It is a near vertical hike the first mile with 90% or more being over rock gardens. Not some…

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

A peaceful weekend

We had a wonderful weekend of peace and quiet. Definitely returning!

J   G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Woodland Valley = hiking <3

Make sure you consult your maps when hiking in this area. We mistakenly took the long loop. Enjoyed this area. Nice mountain rage with the sound of water in the background.

• Sound of the creek at night
J   G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Bear Spring Mountain, Add to your list!

There is an area for day use where you can rent a paddle boat or kayak to go out on the water. Highly recommended if you like hiking. Great flowers and nature. There is a hiking loop that goes around the pond. Standard bath houses and camp site picnic tables and grills.

Month of VisitOctober
NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

One of our favorites!!

We arrived here early afternoon, which ended up being perfect timing as we could set up everything and catch sunset by the fire. The place is pretty easy to access with paved road the whole way there except for the last 1/2 mile where it is very bumpy. Some might say 4*4 but we made it just fine in…

G
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Great Campground

Found this campground solely on Internet. Pleasantly surprised that it was more than expected when I arrived. Full facilities and nice fishing pond. Staff was great. Extra bonus for me was a spectacular golf course (Blackhead Mt Resort) only a 5 minute drive away. A real hidden gem. Can't wait to…

SiteA
Ellis L.
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Wonderful campsite run by wonderful guys!

I have to preface by saying that I signed up to The Dyrt just to leave a review for Devil Doc campgrounds. I could not have had a more lovely experience at Devil Doc - and my GSD Daisy would emphatically agree! As they say, a tired dog is a good dog, and this girl is wiped out! **We loved our…

SitePond
Mayra  D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2021

Great stay

Cute and friendly campground by Launt pond :) We were there in May and there were plenty of empty sites so it was nice and quiet.

Mayra  D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2021

Gods spot

Stayed here back in sept 2015, it was nice and quiet. Our site was a little rocky but you can’t be to picky!