About Two Medicine Lake
National Park Service
Two Medicine Lake is located in Glacier National Park in Montana
10 Reviews of Two Medicine Lake
Views to Die For!

This is a remote campground on the east side of Glacier Park. The sites are tight, and if you have a large RV, it may be tricky to get in and out. The campground usually fills by about 8:30 in the mornings, so be aware and be there early. You'll meet folks from around the country, and the hiking opportunities are some of the finest in the park. Even just strolling around the camp area and Two Med Lake, you'll be happy you came!

Great location and stunning views!

Absolutely stunning campground on Two Medicine Lake. It’s first come, first serve and we were able to score a site in July midweek. The ranger was super helpful and informative and the campground host couldn’t have been nicer. She came around in the evening to remind people to keep everything safe from bears and told us all about the area and her love for it. Many campsites sit along the water with views of the mountains, however ours was more inclosed in the trees which was nice and private. We neglected to buy firewood in time and the hosts just gave us some from a pile of firewood left behind by prior campers. One of our best camp spots to date, and the bathrooms were a bit rustic but clean and I was happy there were numerous little bathrooms so you were never too far!

Beautiful and serene

Love this campground- the sites feel private and tucked away. We lucked out with a spot right across from the water. You can access trails right from the campground, and it’s just a short drive to the lake to rent canoes. Absolutely beautiful!

A less crowded area of Glacier.

Two Medicine was the first campground we went to in Glacier. It is on the southeastern part of the park and there were significantly less people there. There are plenty of campsites and there is a good amount of privacy for each site. The camp store there is great too!

The best part of this place is there were plenty of fantastic trails leaving right from the campground. I highly recommend the hike to No Name Lake.

Epic trip

Took my brother to Montana for the first time. We did an epic road trip. 5000 miles all over the west. Stayed in two medicine camp ground for a week. We hit some great trails out there. Twin falls, was a nice hike. I haven't been back there in 15 years. So much fun. Planning another trip there soon. The hike to hidden lake was a good hike. We're not in the best shape but we made it and it was so worth the trip. Had a little encounter with a black bear down by the lake but nothing to bad. Looking forward to the next trip.

All Time Favorite!

Two Medicine never disappoints. I bring my waders and float tube and love to fish in the lake. The campground is at the base of a mountain where bear sightings are not uncommon! In true Montana fashion, the weather can change drastically in minutes. Wind can come through really strong here! Warning! I suggest hiking Scenic Point…pictures just don't do it justice.

Beautiful campground

The campground is very beautiful located by Two Medicine Lake and between large mountains. There are many campsites which offer different views and allow for different types of campers (rvs, cars, walk-ins). The sites had water spickets, dumpsters, and bear boxes near by, but not all sites have them. If you use a tent be prepared to not put your anchoring spikes in to hold the tent down as there is a thick rock layer just under a thin layer of dirt. Another downside to the campground is the road to get there is very rough. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table. There was a park ranger who held camp gatherings which was a fun option to have. The wife and I really enjoyed utilizing the numerous trails around the campground. One of our favorite campgrounds we have gone to!

Stunning!

Two Medicine is the best campground in Glacier! Almost all of the sites have beautiful views of the lake. First-come and no online booking available, but that makes this small gem of a campground even more of a secret. There are some great hiking trails right from the campground, and even boat tours. I grew up in MT and recommend this one to everyone!

Some of the most beautiful parts of the park!

Two Medicine is in a "wilder" part of the park. It just feels a little more primitive and wild than the other campground I've been to in Glacier (Apgar). Plus, the trial head for (in my opinion) the most beautiful hikes in the park, Dawson- Pitamakan. Most all the campsites are right on the lake and there is a ranger station nearby as well. Such a great part of the park, highly recommend! It gets crowded but not as bad as Apgar.

Nice campground in Glacier, does fill up

Everything in Glacier in summer is crowded, and Two Medicine is no exception. It is a first come, first served campground with running water. The sites are all within a 100 years of the lake=beautiful. In the winter, the road into two medicine are closed. These are car/RV camping sites. Many great trails off of this campground. Warning, the east side of the park can be very windy.