Camping in Vista

117 Reviews of 18 Vista, Minnesota Campgrounds

Justin J.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Very accommodating!

Nice campground with relatively new water and electrical hookups. Clean bathrooms; my wife actually wanted to take a shower in them. My kids really enjoyed the playground. The owners were very accommodating with our changing situation during the weekend we stayed. It was also surprisingly quiet for…

Month of VisitOctober
D
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Easy in and out campground

Well-maintained campground with basic amenities. Newer electrical and water hookups (30&50amp) with each site. Small playground. Easy to get on and off Hwy 169 for close-by attractions.

Month of VisitOctober
Matt C.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

A perfect group camp

The little island group camp is a hidden gem- a whole island to yourself! The weekend was very cold - middle of May. But there was a lot of hiking to do. I'd recommend trying to snag this spot later in the summer when the lake is more inviting. But we did see lots of migratory birds over the…

SiteLittle Island Group Camp
Nick G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Great secluded spot

Lots of sites all separated by trees. Has a awesome family owned drive thru fast food shop at the entrance. The river is perfect for paddle boarding.

• site 2
  • site 2
d
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Surounded by freeway and fields

This is a nice little campground, but it’s location (although convenient) right off the freeway is less than ideal. The background noise isn’t terrible but it’s always there. I like to camp away from civilization not next to a freeway.

hThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Pristine and peaceful

What a gem! We were there for a one night mid-week stay, and it was so quiet and calm because ~70% of the spots are taken by seasonal guests who are primarily at the campgrounds on the weekends. Right on Lake Imogene, there is a boat dock and a sandy swimming beach (which we had entirely to…

• midweek emptiness to our advantage!
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Great family friendly place !

This site is a gem! Close to the Twin Cities yet out in the country. Mostly grass sites. Beautiful pool. Susan and Brad are wonderful hosts and very accommodating. We took our grandkids and they had a blast!

Deborah
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Don't know yet. I'll find out tomorrow but it was beautiful clean I think I'll love it peaceful

Siteb3
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Quiet, and very well maintained Farm Campground

My partner and I were on our way out West and we stopped here for a night. The campground was extremely clean and well maintained. This sites are spread out enough that you have a little privacy and each site has a fire pit and picnic table. This area is actually part of the owners farm.

Bonus,…

j
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Nothing negative herr

This campground has some negative reviews, but we thought it was just aces! Yes, the pool is closed for the season- it is disclosed. The showers are one temperature but it’s comfortable and the water pressure is awesome. The dressing room is big enough to actually dress in and your stuff can remain…

• exit drive
  • corn field vista
  • shower
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Tranquility

This is a county park that is fairly new. Campground host was super nice and very accommodating. Some traffic noise during the day. Bathrooms and showers were very clean. The lake is down the road with public access for your boat.

• campground
  • playground
  • Community building
A
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Great kid kamp site

Super nice people, cool pool setup, trolly to get you around. Quiet at night too!

Out site was super tight for a 27foot hitch, but worked out great

Bailey W.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Not for swimming

Only hiking trails and dock of lake.

Sitea14
Rachel O.
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

Bird Songs/Sounds Galore at BP1

You have to check-in at the camp office, which closes at 8pm. I didn’t realize this and arrived at 8:20pm and probably made the nice state park lady work late. Don’t be me.

This remote site is about a mile hike in from the parking area. Easy/moderate hike in. Saw 6 or 7 deer hiking in. At my…

• Remote/Backpacking campsite sign on Pelican Trail
  • BP1
  • Pelicans on Albert Lea Lake!
SiteBP1
Jennifer H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

Beautiful lake & campground

We stayed in site 4e on Big Island. Incredible views of the lake and sunset. A beautiful new restroom & shower facility. Water for filling tanks wasn’t available on the island but you could fill up at the adjacent campground. We’re not used to all of the bugs but if you are then it’s great!

Site4e