Arco , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Arco Camping Reviews
Clean and quiet, convenient edge of town.

Spent 4 nights for my son's wedding.   Has 30 amp service.  Clean shower house.  Perfect spot to visit Brookings without paying for hotel.

This is camping?

I was up in the Oak Woods Campground. This was pretty much an open field with people crammed together. One of my neighbors sat and watched a certain cable news channel on a giant outdoor TV hooked up to their bus from 8am until 10p. I can tell you that a TV host named Tucker was very angry that night. Another "camper" had set up a giant playground, penned in areas for their multiple dogs, and had a bouncy castle set up for their daughter…that was running off of a very loud generator all day. The whole thing was lit up with string lights like it was an airport runway and gave the entire campground a carnival feel. WTF?  Unfortunately for your enjoyment, I deleted the video I took of the scene. Lucky for you, I still have a photograph of it.

I had reserved 2 nights. I left at 6am after one pathetic night and went and stayed at a Harvest Host instead.

Leave no trace (and set up no carnivals).

Beautiful little town campsite

Stayed one night, tent only, but water and electric hookups present, along with firepit and picnic table. Reservations have to be made in person, but can be done after hours, picked up at the Police Station box, $20. There's less than 10 sites, one half against the highway, the other backed to the disc golf course and swingset. Sites are a bit close, but on an empty weekend we were spaced well. On a beautiful Saturday it was quiet, and empty of visitors by night, and the sites cleared out early Sunday. Two bathrooms, with a shower each, seem well kept up, but are a bit dated. There was no firewood available, but Casey's nearby had some available. There was also a lot of fallen wood and branches in the area. Would definitely go again if in the area.

Awesome campground

Easy to reserve and check in, firewood for purchase. Clean bathrooms, showers and spaced out campsites. Not too busy and everyone was friendly. Right next to a Buffalo conservation. You can hike and see Buffalo right in the area which is super cool

Beautiful park with nice hiking trails

We stayed in the Upper Campground in the site closest to the equestrian campground. The kids loved being able to meet & visit with the horses.

The sites were a good size, but not much privacy or tree coverage in the area we stayed. There were a lot of trails to hike and a river/stream that they said you could wade/swim in, but we didn't go into it.

There were a lot of playgrounds, and one really huge one the kids wanted to play on, but with COVID-19 still going strong, we didn't use it.

Lovely Place

Beautiful spot. Go see Devils Gultch! There was a really nice dump station outside of the park near entrance to Devil’s Gultch.

Functional

We visited Arlington, SD on our way west and easily located this cute little campground on the main drag. The sites back right up to a cute little park with a lake/pond complete with bridge and small island. Nothing fancy , very functional though with electric and nice shade. Not much in the way of privacy however you also shouldn’t be bothered and no reason for the locals to drive through. It just seemed very peaceful. Amenities nearby , good for overnight or visiting local events, relatives. You pay at the Municipal Bldg/ Firehall 202 W Elm St.

Adequate

A very utilitarian campground in Arlington, SD. Best feature aside from the shade is there is a laundrymat in the same lot! Electric, shade and a shrub row separates you from the road. This would be an ideal spot to stop overnight or stay at to attend a local event or visit relatives in the area. Stop by the Municipal Bldg\ Firehall at 202 W Elm St to pay your fee , after hours use the drop box.

Quiet Prairie Camping

We had a cart-in site. One of the few state parks in Minnesota that had sites open the weekend we went. It was a long drive for my sons and I but we enjoyed it. Our site was closer to the bathrooms than I’d prefer (pit toilets in a nice building) but it wasn’t too bothersome. There were plenty of trees in our sites and though we could see some of the other cart-in sites it was pretty quiet and relaxing.

A bit of good hiking in the park. But most is shade-less prairie hiking, so on summer days it can be quite hot. The bison are neat to see. There is a dammed up part of the creek, but it didn’t look like water you’d want to wade or swim in. We drove into Luverne to “The Lake” to swim and cool off.

Perfect!

We stayed at campground 1 number 36 it was the perfect pull through spot to set up for the weekend! The bathrooms were very clean which made the stay 10 times better:) we celebrated my birthday there for the weekend and it was just PERFECT!