Fires Unknown
County
Silver Lake is located in Michigan
7 Reviews of Silver Lake
Unique experience

I’m giving this place 5 stars because of how unique it is. Even if you don’t have an off-road vehicle yourself you can rent one and drive on the sand dunes. Would definitely drive cautiously because the dunes are constantly patrolled.

ORV Love

This campground was really close to the silver lake sand dunes and a perfect place for us to stay while we were out there. This campground was quite the party campground and everyone there was riding bikes/atv's at the sand dunes. It was a fun place to stay. Their bathrooms were nice and well kept.

Good Experience

The campground is on the water and only a few minutes away from the dunes! The rates are reasonable. The trees provide great shade, but also attract mosquitos. Overall, it was a good experience and I would go back!

Dunes

I think we were the only vehicle around not equipped to ride the dunes - as evidenced by our flag-less vehicle. Smaller, louder camp sites with road noise.

Busy

Sites are a little close and we had new neighbors every day, very busy with people going in amd out, close to town and im the middle of all the action.

Sand Dunes

The sand dunes are absolutely amazing around here. We just went out to explore and hike and found all these races going on. I wish we would have been able to stay a lot longer. It looks like so much fun!

Sand Dunes are amazing

I have been to the Silver Lake State Park campground several times. I absolutely love it and go back as often as possible. The campground is standard bathrooms and campsites, but what really makes it is that it's right on the water and you have a great view of the dunes! You are a mile or so from the dunes entrance and a mile or so the other way from the lake Michigan beach.

Rent or bring a boat and beach it right up to the dunes where sand runs into Silver Lake on one side and runs into Lake Michigan on the other side. I am amazed every time I go.