The best YURTS camping near
Glen Echo , MARYLAND

Most Recent Glen Echo Camping Reviews
Great Family Fun

Great camping amenities, soft cushioned sites, with power and water close by. DO NOT GET BASIC TENT SITES AS THEY ARE NEXT TO HIGHWAYS AND VERY NOISY!!! Premium tent sites would be a better choice. My grandchildren live it there. We will return to a premium tent site soon.

Wooded Oasis

Very spacious tent sites nestled in the woods. We stayed at "bobcat" site, which came with two picnic tables, a large fire pit, and a Weber grill. Three tents easily fit on the site. Very friendly owners! Restrooms and showers were well maintained. The Appalachian Trail is very close by - a three minute drive. Highly recommend.

Peace and quiet amongst the busy city

A small piece of outdoors in the middle of a very bustling city is a great getaway close to home! a melting pot of meeting new people from all over the country visiting the DC area. And easy access to some of the nations best attractions

My new favorite

Great spot to get away for the weekend. The primitive sites are very spacey!

Quiet, spacious and heavily wooded sites

We stayed at site D72 for 4 days. The sites are quiet, very spacious, level, and heavily wooded with 50A service, water and sewer hookup. D Loop is for RVs, A, B, C& E are tents only. AT&T 5 MB/s w/o booster(1 bar), 8 MB/s with it(2 bars). There is no satellite coverage due to the heavy tree canopy. OTA TV was descent using an external omni antenna. There is no WiFi. There is a very nice network of trails, most if not all were leashed dog friendly.

First time solo camping

A small issue with assignment of a spot. Other than that this is a fantastic place to camp in the city. Great amenities, wonderful staff (shout out to George). I'll be coming back.

Awesome place

Had a great experience visiting our daughter over labor day weekend. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. We loved the brick patio with patio furniture. Close to plenty of attractions.

Well spaced and maintained full service RV sites

Only came through for a weekend but the sites were well maintained, and felt separated enough to have some privacy. Staff were amazing about maintaining safe conditions for campers. All possible precautions seemed to be taken.

Treehouses on the Cheap

My husband and I stayed here for just a night to getaway from normal life. We stayed in the Bonsai treehouse, which got us up off the ground and provided great shelter overnight. We had great weather, in the end.

The pros:

Clean, easy to walk to bathrooms and showers

Clean treehouse

Quiet campground

A short walk to the Appalachian Trail for some hiking

A short drive to Big Cork winery for some sipping

Pets allowed

The cons:

Poison ivy EVERYWHERE at this particular site. Came home covered in it

Steep road grade for our regular sedan to handle

Very Rude

I called for my reservation the lady hung up on me and was quite rude… i called back four times and they hung up on me twice, and never answered again. She wouldn’t give me her name.