The best YURTS camping near
Chesapeake City , MARYLAND

Most Recent Chesapeake City Camping Reviews
Quiet Family Fun

What a wonderful place! The resort is spacious, scattered throughout the woods. The RV sites are comfortable with all the amenities. And the customer service is impeccable.

We stayed during a few weekdays in October and we almost had the whole place to ourselves. We staying in one of the cabins, which had 2 beds and a bunk bed, sink and toilet, refrigerator, microwave, dining table and sofa. There was also a front porch with picnic table and fire pit.

Honestly, the beds were not very comfortable and way too small for a couple to sleep in one. It was a VERY dark walk to get to the bathhouse for showers. And the fire pit had no grill, so we ended up having to use the stoves of some RV camping friends for meals. Otherwise the stay was great.

I would strongly recommend camping there in the summer months or during weekends in the shoulder season if you have social kids like mine. There were tons of things to do there for adults and kids alike. The activities — such as putt-putt, jump zone and the playground ended up being kinda boring for them without others to share it with. Obviously that would change with crowds. And advance reservations are a must — this place books up fast!

I would highly recommend staying at Merry Meadows, especially if you have an RV and a group of friends to join you!

Great campground

Love it here!

We love to stay here anytime of year. We stay down by the river. Electric and water only, but there is a honeypot that will pump out if you stay longer. There is an area you can get in to the river to go tubing. So much fun!

Covid Sucks, Circle m doesn’t

Great campground unfortunately due to Covid most of the fun parts are closed. Overall excellent place, we will definitely be back.

Tent Camping

We went camping at Killens pond for the first time a few weeks ago.  We camped in the G loop. Lots of woods for the kids to play in. Easy walk to the shower/bath house. The camp host was super nice and made sure that we had everything we needed.  Great place to take your family for an outdoor adventure. Hiking,  fishing, biking. They also have kayaking and peddle boats. We will definitely be back!

Very Busy, But HUGE amount of trails!

We camped here this weekend, working on some Scouting requirements. Had a great time! The only downsides: (1) the grass was quite tall in the Organized Group Camp sites (above-ankle grass + scouts in and out of tents after the dew falls = wet feet!); (2) It was fine for us this specific time, but if more/all the Organized Group Campsite spots were being used, there would not have been anywhere near enough toilets (unless the boys just all use the woods).  Other than that, was a great time! Parking is just by the Organized Camp sites; there really are toilets, even if only one, non-flush toilet per 5 organized group sites; SO many great trails, etc. The regular campsites were FULLY filled with people too, even after Labor Day! :-)

We also took the Guided Mushroom Hike, and it was great! Around 3-4 miles in 4 hours, with a LOT of observation and collection! Photos included in my comment. Also a great treat for all was that in addition to the great Ranger leading the tour, there were also two members of the Philly Mycology Club on the hike too! So between the three of them, this was an informative group! And VERY patient with my kids who asked probably around a thousand questions.

All in all, a GREAT time!

Scenic trails

A great state park with scenic trails and swimming available. Very popular area for children to enjoy with their parents.

The best!

Such a wonderful campground. We have visited 5x this year. Wooded sites, open sites, tent sites. All great!

Nice park and camping

I live very much nearby this park, and usually come for hiking. However my daughter and I have camped here several times for the quick local getaway.

Have stayed in A and B loops. Many of the campsites are small, and privacy varies. I recommend doing some reconnaissance while you're there to scope out the best sites for subsequent trips. I'd skip the side of B loop that backs up to C loop, not only do you see your neighbors on either side, but also behind you. The back ends of the loops seem to have better privacy.

Our most recent trip we stayed in B25. The site was huge. Excellent for a large tent or multiple smaller ones. Could barely see our neighbors to either side, and the way the parking pad was, our Jeep blocked anyone across the way from seeing us. Downside: poor cell reception, furthest site from bathrooms. Still, id rent this site again.

A loop has better cell reception. Some of the sites in the 40s have better privacy but the spaces are tiny. Have also stayed in A8, which was large but there were no trees between it and A6.

Bathrooms have been clean every time I've been here, and showers have plenty of hot water.

In case of forgetting something, theres a shopping center with walmart, lowes, and a couple fast food options nearby.

Attached pic is from site B25

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.