Camping in Montpelier

241 Reviews of 46 Montpelier, Maine Campgrounds

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Excellent stay

This campground is a slice of heaven. Owners are terrific, and although the campground seemed full, everyone was quiet and respectful. Lots of fun stuff for the kids including live music. Try to snag the oceanfront sites - they are incredible. Location is great too for exploring mid coast Maine.

Siteplatinum oceanfront
Lauren A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Ocean camping

Great campground. Bigger than we expected. Our site looked right over the water. Direct access to Maine's rocky shore. Everything you need to be comfortable including hot showers and bathrooms cleaned three times a day. A basic rec room, playground, beautiful gardens, clean sites. Rvs are so close…

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Great Basecamp for Acadia NP ams Bar Harbor!

I was a little last minute when it came to planning my trip to Acadia. So I wasn't able to grab a campsite in the park.

But Hadley's was an excellent basecamp site and was just up the road from an epic sunset spot on the island.

I was even able to put my kayak in there for a little paddle around…

SiteB42 and C17
April W.
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Bucketlist ocean views

My family and I (two adults, 14 yo and a 9 yo) just visited Searsport Shores for the first time again since our kids were very little and were so happy to be back! We were there during high camping season/post Covid so it was very busy (especially the RV sites) but still very peaceful and quiet at…

• view from site 21 tent
Site#21 ocean view tent site
m
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

The pros and cons

Pro Shade Safe Staff lovely Easy off highway Easy entrance to RV park Park is old but hosts doing their best to keep mowed etc. well we only had sand and pine needles.

Con: pay for wifi Space so so close Spaces sand and not level Utilities on odd side so we had to buy extensions to reach. We had…

A
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Friendly Campground

We've stayed at Duck Puddle several times over the years. The sites have always been tidy and staff friendly. Tent sites are close together but comfortable and the location is very convenient to Damriscotta and other downeast towns.

F
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Beautiful area, a few hiccups

The Great stuff- really can't get a better setting. Ocean front sites were amazing. The farm activities were awesome unique adventures. Kayaking in the bay was perfect! Not so great- There were a few disappointing things I experienced. The outhouse at the end of our area was just a portapotty that…

• ocean view from site 834
  • very large site! full set up at site 834
  • fun with chickens! we got to take home a dozen farm fresh eggs.
Joe R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Best Camping Experience This Year

Lori and all the other folks run a beautiful campground with a cool old school vibe. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves so much that we immediately booked the same site of a return trip in the fall. The Anaconda of a rope swing near the office is a must. So is watching the sunset from…

• Sunset from the Bench
  • Sunset from the Beach
  • Harriman Point Preserve
SiteH2
M
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Amazing Experience

Great experience! Campground is clean and well organized. Sites are well separated and bathroom/showers are well stocked, clean, and easily accessible. Staff was super helpful and friendly. Miles and miles and miles of hiking trails right off the site and easy access to Camden for a day on the town.

L
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

First time to ANP

Camp staff was great. Campsites were nice. I was in a pop up tent in my Tacoma truck. The bus system is great, with a regular bus right in the campground. Much easier to see Acadia with the bus system, instead of fighting traffic and parking. Restrooms and showers were ok. Would recommend

SiteB9
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Tight busy big camp

Friendly staff. Online check in did not work. No space between sites. My picnic table and fire ring were 6 feet from next sites sewer connection Small beach

sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Beautiful Place

Great campground, very clean and good layout. The ocean overlook is particularly lovely. I would recommend!

V
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Camping by the ocean

I enjoyed every bit of my experience at the campground.The staff was were friendly and helpful.The camping ground was right next to ocean and we could see a spectacular show of fireworks from our campsite.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Farm experience.. sort of

My kids had a blast biking around the farm, visiting farm animals, and watching the ocean. Never got tired of biking around. Mostly flat, but the dirt road had a lot of potholes. Farm store has milk, variety of flavors, and the farm cafe had some nice quick bites.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Clean and quiet- close to parks and touristy stuff

We really enjoyed our visit here. Sites were a little tight in some sections, but they were laid out so it wasn't too crowded.

Sites were grassy, level, and lots of shade. We loved the area too- Acadia is right there, and Bar Harbor was really fun. We hope to come back!