Yurts
About Bar Harbor Oceanside KOA

Now you can stay in a New Airstream! Come spend the night in an American icon at the Bar Harbor Oceanside KOA! Experience the nostalgia and romance that only an Airstream travel trailer can provide. These special units are fully outfitted and ready for you to enjoy while you experience all that our KOA has to offer. Our Airstream sleeps up to four people, and includes a queen bed. You will have all of the comforts of home while you stay in the world's most unique and recognizable RV - all just a short stroll to the Atlantic shoreline.

While camping at Bar Harbor Oceanside KOA, watch the sky melt into sunset pastels from your waterfront site. Waterfront sites are perfect for Atlantic shoreline camping. Encompassed by 3,500 feet of Atlantic shoreline and not far from the entrance to Acadia National Park , you will also be able to enjoy natures beauty from the private, rocky beach. Regular shuttle service allows campers to enjoy all the amenities of the campground and the local area. Whale watching and fishing boats hire out, and restaurant specials include lobster and blueberry pie.

Fee Info
Adults 18+, Kids 7-17, Free 0-6
Private
Bar Harbor Oceanside KOA is located in Maine
Directions
Situated at head of Mount Desert Island at intersection of Rt 3, Rt 102 and County Rd. Follow Rt 1A to Ellsworth and Rt 3 toward Bar Harbor on Mount Desert Island. Crossing onto the island, SLOW DOWN and take an immediate far right turn on to County Road.
13 Reviews of Bar Harbor Oceanside KOA
Beautiful Campground

Very very great staff!! Upon arrival we checked in, in the office/store. Then a staff member lead us to our site. We have a 19 ft travel trailer and are not very experienced with backing it up. The staff member was incredible with his directions and helped me back it into a small lot that went down hill and around a corner. I could have hugged him. He was so great and patient with me. The lot was small but was right on the ocean. It was such a beautiful spot. This was the second time we have stayed here and I know we will be back!!

One of our favorites!

We are tent campers and it’s difficult to find a review on tent sites at many KOAs. We were at site 403 and had family in a camping cabin.
We loved our site. Lots of room for our very large tent! We even put up a hammock and had room to have family over for campfires and meals. Bathrooms were close by and were always clean. It was close enough to the ocean to have a lovely view but not so close that we were swarmed with mosquitoes. Camp staff was fantastic and the stores were great. Loved exploring tide pools too!

Lobster

Very campground, right on water. Plenty of space on the nicer sites, could be a little more level. We were there in July, mosquitos were terrible! Ad to purchase a screen enclosure to be able to sit outside.

Jammed pack campground with easy access to the ocean!
  1. Typical private campground with very small sites and packed together.
  2. Excellent location!
  3. Very clean and up to date.
  4. Store, cafe (with limited hours), hot showers, laundry, etc.
  5. Expensive.
Bar Harbor/Woodlands KOA

Typically, a KOA wouldn’t have been my first choice. They tend to be campy and incredibly dense-if I wanted to feel like I was “camping in the ‘burbs” I’d go and tent out at my parents’ backyard. I was pleasantly surprised, however, with Bar Harbor/Woodlands KOA!

Having only planned my Maine getaway only three weeks prior, I was without many choices. I caught a lucky break with this KOA. The grounds provided a comfortable, yet affordable option, while being within close proximity to Bar Harbor, Acadia, and all the amenities Mount Desert Island has to offer.

My site, 735, was wooded and while denser than most state or federal parks I venture to, provided the shade and privacy I enjoy when camping. The facilities were clean and updated- which was actually a nice change for me! Much of the programming was of course geared toward kids and family. One such event included a family-friendly “hayride” that embarked at dusk in search of the infamous “bigfoot”. I got the biggest kick out of the 6 foot cryptid running at me while cleaning dishes.

I also need to give a shout-out to the friendly and helpful staff, who assisted me in a pinch when my car battery died! Kindness is never forgotten!

If you and your loved ones find yourself out in this neck of the woods or planning your own Maine getaway, this is not a bad stop! As a tent camper who enjoys that “woodsy” wilderness feel, I recommend sites 624, 701, 702, 707, 710, 715, and 735. 710 is arguably the best site on the grounds, and 624 provided a combination of solitude and convenience with its “camp kitchen” fixture.

You also have your choice of cabins, classic and deluxe, campers, “glamper” tents and group sites.

Beautiful. Clean. Friendly. Great Views.

This campground is great. It has friendly and accommodating staff, clean ground and beautiful views and access to the water (great for sunsets). In addition, this campground is close to everything Acadia National Park has to offer. I highly recommend this campground.

Good campground base-camp for Bar Harbor & Acadia

You should know that the view is not an ocean view. This campgrounds view is a bay view. The beach is a rocky small beach. Good for the kids to go exploring but you wouldn't want to swim in it. We stayed for 6 nights at this KOA as we used it as a basecamp to tour Bar Harbor and Acadia National park. Instead of bringing our camper we actually stayed in the cabins this time. They were air conditioned. You didn't need the air for how hot it was but it was humid and loud. Seemed like every few days this KOA had campers depart and another crew came in. Where we were was in the middle of it all. The employees were very nice and helpful to get information and maps. The store was great. Had lots of supplies in case you forgot and pretty good prices.

1st tent glamping trip

It was great! Friendly staff, campers, amenities, activities and water views. We've now been bitten by the camping bug!

Great location

This is a great location with great views on the protected site of the island. However, the spots are really small. I feel like we are right on top of each other. And not all the sites have sewer hookups.

Perfect For Families, Private

my daughter begs to camp here. As with any KOA they have lots of activities throughout the day for families, and a pool, but she loves the ice pop contest. if you find a painted rock and bring it to the office you get a free ice pop. it’s the simple things in life, right? we tent camp, without power, so we are way out back. no car noise, Private, a bit of a walk to the showers and bathrooms but the privacy is worth it. the staff are always super nice and they sell ice and fIrewood which I always seem to need!