Camping in Ingalton

Recent Cabins Reviews Near Ingalton, Illinois

124 Reviews of 21 Ingalton, Illinois Campgrounds

M
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Piled on top of each other

Because of being right on top of other campers. Also, almost everything is gravel.

Gretchen G.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Not the worst

This place was fine. The staff was helpful. People were friendly. But it's kind of weird and dated. The playground equipment is questionable and the pond (for swimming?) is a very disconcerting color. There is also a pool but we were there in spring and also I probably would not have gone in that…

Siteb1
Dakota
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great Camping!

We stayed at the Prairie View section on site P27. It was me, my wife, our 8 month old daughter, and our dog. One thing I always look up before booking a campsite is how secluded we are since our dog gets very anxious and will bark at almost anyone that gets “too close” in her eyes. This site…

• P27 tent and parking area
  • P27 fire and camp area
  • Picture on our hike
SiteP27
B
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Good experience

We weren’t sure if we were going to like it because we were camping without kids, and it seems like the kind of campground that people with kids would go to because of all the fun activities. But noise was not an issue. Bathrooms were clean. Everything was good.

John M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Great camp right on Chain-O-Lake

Camp is on the Chain-O-Lake, if you like any type of boating. Fox Den site are space well. Good trails for both walking and biking.

SiteFox Den 28
Cliff B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Nice and quite!

The owner is awesome! This campground is nice and peaceful I spent a month here. There is a abundance of spots available.

Emily M.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Excellent Campground

This is a classic state park campground. It has drinking water, indoor bathrooms, and showers. The showers were chilly, but I could tell it was trying to warm up (maybe a water hookup thing).

The folks at the front were very kind and helpful. My friend and I biked from Chicago on Memorial Day…

• Beach
Jennifer H.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Nice grounds with remote feeling with

A campground close into the city but in the middle of corn and soy bean fields right done in the river. We had site 45, a back in site with no sewer but with water and electric. Active tent campers next to us and a lot (a lot) of seasonal permanent RV’s all very nicely appointed. Pretty sleepy…

• panoramic from the back of campsite 45
  • panoramic of play area
  • video from camp site 45
Paul L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Quick overnight

Very clean, quiet, well maintained campground. We just needed a quick overnight and it was perfect. Not far off the interstate, and very quiet. Would probably give it 5 stars if we stayed longer. Lots of activities that we didn’t get a chance to use.

J
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Great quiet place

Stayed for 3 nights over 4th of July. Got spot 38. Was a good spot with access to the trails. Quiet and set back. The platform for tents didn't fit our 6 man tent but the 2 man fit perfect. Bathrooms were not to far. Beautiful trees. Not to buggy.

rThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Small but decent

The campground is small the rv sites are shallow and close to the road but otherwise most are fairly private. The staff was friendly all in all not a bad place

t
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Enjoyable Experience

This State Park isn't too far off the beaten path which is nice. Fairly close to gas stations, convenience stores, etc. The park is clean, and has the bathrooms and utilities that would be needed. A few different lakes for fishing, swimming, boating, etc. The fox river runs through the park as…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

No contact.

Tried to reserve a spot for my rv,and it took me three tries and got hung up on,and no reservation.

K
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Good enough I guess

Biggest drawback was the road noise. You can hear whatever highway is nearby pretty clearly and constantly.

But if you’re not looking for something super remote then it’s fine! My site had room for 2 tents and was close to the road but still felt tucked away.

The fire pit is actually more like…

SiteT19
Christina  E.
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Very nice!

Tent camped here one night. Very nice, private sites. Not many campers, lots of RVs. Folks in the office were very helpful.

SiteT5