Camping in Hartford

156 Reviews of 20 Hartford, Illinois Campgrounds

c
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Not a good experience

The sites were fine but the pit toilets were filthy. They also have a problem with skunks. One came through in the middle of the night. Luckily it didn’t spray our tent.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Convenient location

Conveniently located just outside of St Louis. We camped here for a trip to the city for St Louis cardinals game and zoo. My kids loved the jumping pillow at the park. Minimal playground but they still enjoyed it. Wish there was more of a good walking/biking area around it (I love to be able to…

Jeremy H.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Spacious

Great room between campsites and water hook ups are not too far away. Bring plenty of hose length.

Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Decent Stop Over KOA

We stayed overnight on the way home, the park is in an industrial area, that didn't really didn't bother us though. Not a long stay location in my opinion, but for what we needed it was great! Very friendly host, nice pool and the kids park was great.

Brandon T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Quite spot in the woods

We stayed here to break up our longer trip and were pleasantly surprised by the miles of trails our dogs loved. The pull through site was mostly level and made for quick setup and teardown. We were also pleased that AT&T and T-Mobile were good enough for remote work and some light videogames…

• site 19 tucked up against the woods at night
  • site 19 daytime
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Bring lots of leveling blocks and don’t expect to sleep well.

Typical Jellystone, lots for kids to do. Really small sites. Tent sites seem fairly flat. I’m in a site for small campers. The site is bowed front to back and not level side to side. You can hear highway traffic all night and the kids hit the playground, right outside my window, at 7:00.

t
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Beautiful place

Love this campground, plenty of space. Nobody right on top of you like most places. Friendly people.

TJ & Laura S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Nice park

Nice park. Cell cell not so good. Limited shade except 1-2 spots in middle. #82 & #100 nicest spots we thought.

Site82 & 100
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Not Ideal for Tents

There are only about 6 tent sites at this campground, which makes it not entirely friendly for tent campers. However, the bathrooms were lovely and clean. For those who are allergic, there is a colony of feral cats living outside of the office. OUTDOOR DOMESTICATED CATS ARE TERRIBLE FOR THE…

Katie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great First Camping Trip

I took my son here for his first camping trip and it was perfect!

S
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

My experience at Draft Kings at Casino Queen RV park

I haves stayed at Casino Queen RV Park several times..It’s always very clean and I always feel very safe..it’s easy clean in and clean out…you have to have a code to get into the gate..pets are allowed..the only down side is the train..which runs all night..

Ben S.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

THE VIEW

GREAT location for camping, especially if you run out of items and need to get something close by. Very natural, and amazing views and the feel is spectacular.

SiteB4
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Crowded and a bit noisy

Lots of dogs tied up, but with owners nearby. Some still “bolt” at you when you walk by. Could be less littered. Our site had lots of litter when we pulled in. They do have a recycle bin, or I would have given a 3. Lots of permanent or semi-permanent tenants.

• crowded
Month of VisitDecember
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Loved it!

Lovey spot! Pulled in for the night and was able to have a nice campfire and roast marshmallows with the kids. Our dogs couldn't get enough of the beautiful outdoor scenery. Spacious parking and amazing staff!!

cheryl C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Just beautiful.

The amazing track around the lake to the quiet beauty of the green space. we recharged for a couple of days. Very peaceful.