the dyrt
Drive In, Walk In, Hike In, Boat In
Chattahoochee Bend State Park is located in Georgia
7 Reviews of Chattahoochee Bend State Park
Amazing

It was awesome. The trails are well marked and easy to follow. The river is beautiful and the overlook towers were a nice touch. Being able to lay in the hammock right next to the water was perfect. The campsites are flat and easy to get in and out of especially with large 5th wheel campers. The tent sites can be right up front or just off the beaten path. I really appreciate the choice. The picnic areas are perfect for the whole family and the boat ramp is well maintained. I will be a frequent visitor.

Convenient to home

It’s a decent park. We camped on the raised platforms by the river. The other campgrounds are away from the river back in the woods. The tent sites are a bit too close together for my liking. The facilities are taken care of and kept up, but my idea of hiking is a bit more than just a walk through the woods- not a whole lot of elevation change on the trails, as you are not in the mountains. I would stay there again, though.

Newer State park that still needs some work

The tent campsites were nice and close to the river. Next time I go, I would like to try the platforms next to the river. Everything was clean and well kept. The trails needed some work.

Smelly and dirty

We had read good things about this park and were excited to go but the campground was dirty smelled like urine as did the beach.

Platform camping or drive up camping

Loved the platform camping. Right on the river and a short walk to the sites. Lots to do during the day.

platform camping

it is an easy .25 mike walk in to th platforms that are on the chattahoochee river. there are a few trails that are easy and follow the river, along with a nice playground. nice visit!

Camped on the platforms near the River

Very friendly ranger! Clean park with plenty of campsites. Clean restrooms with showers. Beautiful hiking trails, very wooded and shaded. We thought camping on the platforms near the river would give us access to the water but there is not really a beach that we found near the campsites.