The staff is friendly, the bathrooms are clean, and there’s a restaurant across the street and a pizza place on site. However, the location is a disaster. Literally right next to highway I-70, there’s no way you’ll get a restful nights sleep. Maybe in a RV or renting a cabin you’ll have better luck, but as a tent camper it was brutal.
My family and I stayed here for one night in a 34' travel trailer as a reward from crossing Kansas. :) We knew what we were getting into - a tight family campground, so we weren't disappointed in that regard. It's actually a little hard to write this review because there's such a mix of pros and cons. I think listing them out will be the best strategy.
- VERY close to the interstate. Take a look at a satellite map view so you will come prepared. The road noise is ever present, and if you can tune it out you will be a much happier camper. We were able to sleep ok with it, but it was a constant in our experience.
- Proximity to your neighbor. This is the way it is with KOAs, but it did feel strange hooking up utilities within arm's reach of your neighbors having dinner.
- Wifi. They advertise it, but it was so slow that not once was I able to successfully load a single webpage. Verizon is also not strong here.
- Cable. They had hook-ups but quality was too poor to watch.
- The hot tub was closed with no indication when it will open.
-The playground was pretty awesome, large and with multiple things to climb on for kiddies.
- They had a pool and kiddie pool. Both are small, though.
- The game room is really nice! (see pics)
- Pizza and ice cream on site.
- Affordable laundry. $2.50 for wash and 50 cents for 8 minutes for the dryer.
- Clean and tastefully decorated bathrooms and showers.
- Pancake and sausage breakfast on the weekends for $6.50.
- A BBQ restaurant run by the campground.
- 40 minutes to Denver.
- Dog park.
Overall, not a bad experience, just not spectacular.
great location, adjacent to I70, if you are needing a stop over while traveling through. not typical KOA as it only has a small pool. small in comparison to other KOA parks. But convenient to interstate if you need to stay close to why route but need rest. Nice little town next to it.