Camper submitted image from Camp Richardson Resort - 1
Food

Established Camping

Camp Richardson Resort

Review Campground Win Gear

Do you own or manage this property?

Claim Your Listing

About

We have two tent campgrounds at Camp Richardson – the Badger’s Den Campground and the Eagle’s Nest Campground. Each campground includes a picnic table, a bear-proof box, and a fire pit. Ready to set up camp? Learn more information on our tent camping prices and rules.

Each site in our RV Village offers water, electricity, and an onsite dump station. We offer both full hookup sites and partial hookup sites to our campers, and every site includes a picnic table and fire pit. Ready for a more rugged camping trip? Learn more information on our RV camping prices and rules.

Suggest an Edit

Camp Richardson Resort is located in California

Detail location of campground

Directions

Located on the south shore of Lake Tahoe on Highway 89 (Emerald Bay Road). From Sacramento, take Highway 50 to South Lake Tahoe and proceed north past the intersection of Highway 50 and Highway 89 (the ""Y""). Look for Camp Richardson Hotel and Resort signage on the right hand side.

Address

1900 Jameson Beach Road
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150

Coordinates

120.04057813990975 W

Open in Google Maps

The Dyrt Alerts

Get reservations at sold-out campgrounds.

• Drive-In
    Park next to your site

Stay Connected

• WiFi
    Good
  • Verizon
    Good
  • AT&T
    Good
  • T-Mobile
    Fair

19 Reviews

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2024

Decent campground

I didn’t see any bears for the 3 days I was here. It’s probably bcuz I was super careful not to leave anything with a smell outside the bear box. I got site 14 and 16 right next to the trail to the beach. The bathroom and shower are clean until more people show up on Memorial Day weekend and started trashing the place up. They tossed toilet paper on the floor.

Site14, 16
Olivia S.
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2023

Cancelled my reservation!

I booked a family reunion for 35 people here next summer. Mary Griffin, the group sales and events manager, cancelled our reservation, without consulting me. When I called her, she said that she forgot that I had confirmed the booking, and she needed the cabins for an annual guest. So she made up an excuse, cancelled our trip and gave it to them. She did not apologize. When I told her that I was going to review her, she tried to cover her tracks by sending an email saying I requested the cancellation. She was trying to defer blame to me, but I have email and voicemail records proving that she was negligent, and my entire extended family is paying the price for her failure. I am shocked by the lack of professionalism the entire booking process, culminating in this disaster. She never apologized. She did nothing to fix the problem. I never got a call from management trying to clear anything up. I will never go to Camp Rich again, and I will continue to tell everyone I know that this is a terrible business. Please note the dated emails and voicemails in the photos.

Month of VisitOctober
E
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2023

Would definitely return!

Super sweet spot and atmosphere. Great amenities and scenery. Only down side is no dogs allowed.

• Review photo of Camp Richardson Resort by Eryka S., June 4, 2023
K
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2022

Great Location

You’re at Tahoe so how bad can it be? That said, RV Village at Camp Richardson is not bad, not great, but good. We are in space 57, it is definitely big enough for our 26’ TT, I think it was considered a 40’ space. Spaces are relatively close together, perhaps if a little more off-grid space was what you were looking for Fallen Leaf is 5 minutes away, it was dry camping but more elbow room. People here at Richardson were mildly friendly. John at hotel front desk was the shining star of the crew! The rest let’s just say we people skills challenged. Signage coming in was a bit tricky finding the actual RV village kiosk. If you miss first entrance and kiosk (on left) just as you approach and see hotel on right there is another entrance kiosk on left. While Camp Richardson is year round we came in early October and found some services were starting to shit down for winter.

Month of VisitNovember
Makena B.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2022

Nice campground with bears

I’ve stayed in this campground twice and it’s nice, can walk down to the beach with nice showers. There were three bears around the campground the night we just stayed which was a little eerie to sleep with when you could hear them outside the tent. Still a very nice campground

• Review photo of Camp Richardson Resort by Makena B., June 20, 2022
  • Review photo of Camp Richardson Resort by Makena B., June 20, 2022
j
Reviewed May. 21, 2022

Clean and convenient

Camp Richardson sits in Lake Tahoe. It has paved pads at each campsite to park and the facilities are very clean.

T
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Good location but some sites leave to be desired

More hook up locations for RV sites (50% are on wrong side).

Our site was so small we couldn’t fit in our vehicle after parking the 22’ trailer even though it’s “rated” for 30’ vehicles + 2 cars

Good general location and reasonable access to water

No laundry on site

Taylor
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2020

Good drinks

We spent a good portion of our day at this bar, the people were so awesome!!

Taylor
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2020

Gorgeous

This is my favorite spot to enjoy the lake! The people are so friendly here! We stayed at a hotel a block up the street and they had partnered with this beach. You have to pay at the entrance if you don’t have a pass from your hotel.

Melissa H.
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2020

Large spacious campground, great for families!

Great campground, lots of space for the kids to run around and great hiking trails. Lake Tahoe is just across the street and the firework show across the lake was incredible, but get to the beach early to reserve your spot.

Christy S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2020

Fun family destination

Lake Tahoe is always beautiful so you can’t go wrong here. Kids will have a fantastic time and be sure to enjoy a Rum Runner from the lakeside restaurant. Lots of fun activities. A perfect family vacation.

• Review photo of Camp Richardson Resort by Christy S., July 22, 2020
E
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2020

Great campground, great location

Great campground with spacious sites. The sites toward the back, away from the road, are much quieter and more private. Easy walk to the beach. Campground is busy in the summer months.

Janet G.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2020

Tahoe Beauty

Very close walk down to the Lake and the Beacon restaurant where you can have world famous RumRunner. Campground had hot showers. We showed up and still managed to find a camp spot that same day which is rare for this gorgeous location.

Jon K.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2019

Great Tahoe Getaway

Close to the lake with water, electric, and limited sewer hookups. Though right off the highway, traffic sounds aren’t too bad. Close to the cafe, ice cream, coffee, and bike shop, but can’t forget the 10 minute walk to the Beacon! Great getaway if you enjoy Tahoe!

Jeremy S.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2018

Close to lake. Easy amenities

Book early but if you are looking for a Tahoe campground n.v d this is it. Close to stores if you forget stuff. This is more of a sleeping in the woods than hotel camping.

S
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2018

It was nice, but...

I love how close this campground was to Lake Tahoe. However, the campgrounds were very close to each other, more-so than other campgrounds I have visited in the past. The bathrooms were fine. The RV village in Camp Richardson Eagles Nest didnt have water spouts to clean dishes, nor bear boxes. Our neighbors told us of bear stories coming up to their camp the day before so I was not sure why bear boxes were not includes for each site. Is that a thing for RV villages?

Overall, good times, though.

Nicki M.
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2018

Beautiful, crowded, fun

Top to bottom, it was a wonderful stay at Camp Richardson! My family stayed on the RV side and we biked to the beach each day. The kids loved the ice cream shop of course and we liked the little general store. The woman taking breakfast orders in the store Saturday morning (maybe in her 50s) was a bundle of sunshine. A huge genuine welcoming smile for each patron. Fun, dynamic personality.

The only suggestions I would make surround camping check-in. The line at 2pm was horrible! I got there at 2:01 and there were already 20 people in front of me. The process is painfully slow. People were getting out of their vehicles and standing in the line on the right essentially cutting the cars in front of them. I was in the walk up side on the left of the check in booth and there was a woman checking into a group site at the front of the line. It took 14 minutes for the paperwork to be completed! It put a damper on our trip from the beginning and I wasted the first 20-30 minutes standing in a line when I should have been enjoying a rum runner at the beacon. We have stayed in RV resorts all over the country and I’ve never had this experience. It would affect my decision to return. Why not have people pay in full before arrival, have all paperwork completed online, receive an email with your site number ahead of time and at 2pm, we could have driven straight to our site, displayed our printed tag on our windshield and gotten straight to enjoying the resort.

Lizzy C.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2017

Family friendly, very resort-ish

This is good for tent or rv camping. Close to the beach in south shore tahoe. South shore is very touristy, this place in particular is a ways off from the casinos and night life so that's nice. But with such a big campground, you're constantly surrounded by a lot of people. There are some sweet bike trails. There is an ice cream and coffee shop. If you want to fancy camp this is a good spot for you. If you want to be in nature with less people, head up to north shore. (The beaches are nicer imo)

Gianni E.