Water Unknown
About Convict Flat Campground

Located in Kings Canyon, 19 miles NE of Grant Grove via Hwy 180.  Family campground (5 units), vault tiolet and suitable for small - midsize trailers. Elevation 3,000 feet.

National Forest
No Phone Service
Convict Flat Campground is located in California
3 Reviews of Convict Flat Campground
Unless you can't go any further pass this one up

Extremely small campground (5 sites I believe) which I normally like but this campground just had no positives.

Pit toilets were in horrible shape, so as always carry along your own TP and hand sanitizer.

Sites were a complete mess when I drove through.  Garbage was all over the ground, fire rings were filled with junk and trash.

Ground was extremely hard but there were quite a few trees for shade.

The river, well I walked around a bit and explored and I could not hear nor see the river.

No water so if camping here be sure to carry along plenty

Free is the best price

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I've had a couple of very wonderful nights at this campground. Little to no amenities, ok all you get it a stinky outhouse, but when you are spending two weeks on the road and you just left the expensive parks of Yosemite and the like, a free campground is welcome. Plus if you walk up a crappy hill you might luck out and get an amazing sunset. And if you're really lucky, your toe will get fondled by a tarantula. Oh BTW wear full coverage shoes. Nice size picnic tables in all of the 4-5 sites. No fires unless you get a permit but nobody was there either time to enforce rules which is how I prefer to camp. Rules…where Im going we don't need rules, just roads.

Only for emergencies

The campsite is easily accessible, but was full of mosquitos evening and morning. The water is quite far, we didn't find it from the campground. The soil is hard and it is hot there even at night if temperatures are high. I'd avoid it if possible.

But with the right equipment this is a quiet place and it's free.