The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Washington Park , ARIZONA

Most Recent Washington Park Camping Reviews
Family favorite

We are always pleased with our stay here. The park has so many different activities from hiking, horse trail, lakes and access to the verde river. We stayed in spot 97 this time and had some privacy with the bushes and trees from our neighbors. The bathrooms were clean and well maintained. There is a fun bike track for the kids or even adults up by the tent loop. Cottonwood is just a few miles and lots to do in town.

Nice campground but different than what I pictured

It was a little off-putting how I called (you have to call, they don't have online reservations) MONTHS ahead of time and was told that I could request a waterfront site but there was no guarantee… odd that they couldn't assign me a site then or that I wasn't allowed to choose.

They called the day before and asked that I give them an arrival time before 5pm (that's when they close) and this added a bunch of stress because we were coming from a ways away and weren't used to how slow-going RV driving was. We felt like we couldn't have a relaxing drive across AZ because we needed to get there by 5 and cut it close.

They gave a "waterfront" site (the place was super empty) but that's a stretch to say because you couldn't see the water at all - it was a short walk through trees/rocks. But once you got there the river was beautiful and peaceful. There were definitely other (empty) sites that had somewhat of a view of the river, so I'm not sure what the deal was with that - I felt like we were at the mercy of the owner's whim.

We walked around and they have a little spring/pond and had I known I would have rather gotten one of the few sites right on that. oh well.

The second night they parked someone in the spot right next to us - so odd since the whole row was empty! Don't expect privacy in between the sites - at least not the ones along the water.

I walked down to where the primitive tent sites on the water are located and they are pretty cool - right on the edge of the water. They're squished together though and you would need to carry everything a bit because they aren't drive up sites, but unique if you had a group and could take a few close sites together.

The bathrooms were clean and the showers are hot - always a bonus!

A couple alpaca greet you as you come in and that's always fun.

We used it more of a home-base for a day trip to Sedona that isn't too far away. Funny though that the best surprise was the little winery nearby - Oak Creek Vineyards.

Great place! Fun for kids!

Our kids loved this place. They have RV sites that can accommodate big rigs with full hookups and also a tent camping area. We stayed in the full hookups up area and we had a lot of space between our RV and the one the next to us. We didn’t feel crammed at all. There are lots of trees for shade and very spacious to hang out. Kids rode bikes all over. There’s a store that seeks a bunch of stuff. We were there in June.

Stay right at Goldfield ghost town

The have a few electric and water sites, then more dry sites. Also horse corals, its neat being able to walk right into town, well worth a stop, sites are hard dirt, but adequate, spaced a little more apart on the dry sites, the electric/water sites back up to the town small railroad tracks and are much closer together. This is a great alternative when the lost Dutchman is full. 20 dollars to dry camp, but being able to walk into town was pretty cool. Seen roadrunner, quail, and doves, rabbits. A few coyotes howled at the moon at night, which was pretty cool to, off in the distance. I'd stay here again for the convenience.

Peaceful and well maintained

Very pleasant environment. Our dogs loved it. This place is close to tuzigoot national monument, wine tasting, sedona, red rock hiking. And the campground is just very pleasant and peaceful. No complaints.

Great hiking

Very nice, clean campground with clean bath houses and friendly staff. Ask for site 91. It’s one of the best. Also, Site 61 is large, has shrubs for privacy and direct access to the Mesa Trail. There are many hiking trails leading into the desert above Cottonwood. Jerome sits on the mountainside above.

Wonderful experience

We went over Thanksgiving and had a splendid time. The staff is super nice and awesome. There was so much to do from mini golf, painting classes, live music, dinners, karaoke, and free breakfast 3 days a week, hot tub and heated piol. There are lots of trees and it’s a great park to walk around. At the back you have the River you can walk around and you are surrounded with mountain views. Very dog friendly and they even have a dog park, and “office” dog. I would rebook here again we had such a lovely experience.

Thanksgiving on the Rim

Luckily, we found an open spot on the Rim arriving on Thanksgiving day. Several open spots on the other side of the road. Chilly weather with some snow flurries overnight. The spots face west and make for some awesome sunset memories. Be careful at night on the Rim side for sure! I can imagine this is impossible in the summer because it's just so cool.

Quiet spacious

These spots are fairly large and allow for some large rigs and is located right on the edge of town. No hook ups though but you can fill your tanks on site.

Great Place

Stayed here many times and always a wonderful experience. The campsites are always clean with clean toilets and drinking water. The campsites are pretty spreadout from each other. Woods Canyon Lake is just a short drive away to enjoy hiking and you are within walking distance to the Rim.