Camping in Round Rock

5 Reviews of 4 Round Rock Campgrounds

Travis B.
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Trash Everywhere

Pulled in about 8 pm, you park on the edge of the road around a sharp corner. Walk through a fence and there is the campground. I saw trash everywhere including the parking area. The place looked like it had a huge party recently. Needless to say I kept driving.

SiteDid Not Stay
Month of VisitOctober
Bob F.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Must have a small trailer.

We have a 28' 5th wheel and after looking at the potential spots, had to back our way out. There is no way to turn around. If camping here, I would have had to back my way into a spot. Scenic views a short drive or hike away but not an easy place to camp.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2020

Rough but Serviceable Campground in a Spectacular Location

I visited Spider Rock and met the proprietor Howard Smith 20 years ago. He is still there maintaining this spacious campground on his own. It is rough around the edges but you will be very close to the rim of the canyon and within a short drive of amazing access points via car and foot. The…

Q
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2019

High traffic low privacy

Indian Route 12 runs north to south and bisects the wheatfields lake and the main campground areas. Overnight camping and fires are discouraged along the lake but people get away with it. There is sporadic night traffic on the roadway throughout the night and it is sometimes loud. The campsites are…

D
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2018

Calm and Charming

Had a blast staying here. Went fishing took my 12 footer aluminum boat caught a good amount of fish.