Linden, ARIZONA

Most Recent Linden Camping Reviews
Secluded

This campground was beautiful and the sites were so big and spread out. We got 4 sites and ended up only using 2. We were right in the trees and our sites backed up into a meadow. There were not a lot of “amenities” at the campground but we didn’t need any of that. There was an outhouse near our site and it was kept pretty clean. We had 5 adults and 10 kids so we kept to ourselves the entire time we were there. I highly recommend this campground.

Really nice

We came in on a Friday and stayed until Monday. The weekend was pretty busy with atv’s but we were close to the road. We had site 34 which was pretty large and we had good wifi and satellite signal. You couldn’t really hear your neighbors. Some sites are very rocky, but there is a site for pretty much every type of camper. We had wild horses walk by our site. Most people left on Sunday and then it was really quiet. We would definitely stay here again.

Really secluded, nice views

We chose Chevelon Lake to try and see a different side of the Arizona forests that we’re used to. The ground were nice but a bit rough on our minivan to get there. Our family took a nice hike to see the lake view. And had a good time in the woods. But we cut our trip short because our kids were covered in dirt, hot, and exhausted. I don’t think we’d return.

Decent, safe overnight

Dirt lot with turnouts with shrubs and pines offering decent privacy and quiet. There are cement pads for vans or smaller RVs in some spots, and fire pits. The lake is now more marsh with abundant bird life. A gas station / convenience store is across the street. Good Verizon!

Mostly year round rentals

This is on the mogollon rim so there is some great hiking and sightseeing nearby. Several lakes close also.

Very crowded but has full hookups. General store across the street   It’s ok for a quick stop but not a favorite

Great people working there, seemed quiet until our neighbor turned on the construction site generator for 4.5 hours. Weekends are very busy, but noisy which is ok if you don’t mind motorcycles and generators. We were looking for quiet this trip so we only stayed one day.

Beautiful Forrest with Spacious Sites

Dense ponderosa pine forest with lots of space to explore. Sites have space for multiple vehicles (extra cost) and multiple tents/campers. Only one water source and bathroom near the entrance so plan on a long walk or drive to use facilities if you are on the far end of the campground.

Great campground, close to the lake.

Have camped here several times and have loved it. About 1.3 mile hike to the lake. There is a marina to rent fishing boats with trolling motors. Normal camp “facilities”. A little further off of Rim road, so the motor vehicle noise is less, however, the campsite is very close to woods canyon road, and the traffic of people driving to the lake is a bit heavy at times. Overall, still a beautiful and awesome escape back to nature for the most part. My kids love it up there.

Close, but worlds away...

Camped here with my son for scouts. Nice campground. You can see so many stars at night, it’s wonderful. We took a 3.3 mile hike to woods canyon lake. There is a marina and boat rentals are available. Camped in a small tent, hung the hammock, and enjoyed nature. The only downside was the constant noise from people in their side by sides running up and down Rim road all day, and into the night. Other than that, the usual “outhouse” type facilities. Running water to fill up containers for camp.

Never again sadly

I grew up camping off road 84. I have raised my kids camping off road 84. Even up to last year it was such a peaceful place to camp. I dont know if it's because of Covid or what but road 84 has become party central. Side by sides racing up and down blaring their music all day and most of the night. People setting up camp 5 feet from the back of our friends camp trailer. It use to be that most people would give a little bit of space between camps. Not anymore. People walking through our camp to use the restroom. We have tried 3 times this summer and it has been the same each time. Twice was not over a holiday weekend. I'm sad that I won't be able to take my grandkids camping in the campsites I grew up camping in.