Standard (Tent/RV)
No Water Hookups
Alvord Hot Springs is located in Oregon
2 Reviews of Alvord Hot Springs
Can’t rave enough

When I lived in Portland, I went to the Alvord desert three times… it is a 7 hour drove, but I wanted to see it in different seasons. Each time did not disappoint.

I stayed here twice of the three times because I was with a group and the $50 bunker was not bad split up. And this got us access to the hot springs… no brained.

It was also super nice to have a heater.. while this is a dessert, the winters are so cold.

The Steens range was just dusted with snow, so we were very lucky. It was presidents weekend for reference.

Bathrooms, but not showers.

The bunkers are old military converted into a living space. Small, but really fun to stay in.

Road is easy to get to. Dirt for a few miles off the highway, but super stunning.

Worth the long haul. Every time.

On the edge of the Alvord Desert

This is a fantastic stop whether you camp there or stay in the bunkhouses they have. There are 11 camp spots on both sides of the road. We were there in Apr. Tom the owner was manning the general store when we stopped in. He was great. He is very knowledgeable on the local area and his advice was welcome and spot on. He was very accommodating. He gave us some info on the nearby Pikes Creek trail and we were off. We came back after a 6 mile hike and soaked in the springs. The area is kept clean and the views of the Alvord have to be seen in person. It is a short walk from the camping area to the springs. There are two soaking pools at the springs. One is enclosed the other is open. The camping area near the store is basically a parking lot and there is one flush toilet for everyone. The store has all the basics you might need including ice. If you need more the Fields store is about 20 minutes away.