The best TENT SITES camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Stryker Creek Junction Camping Reviews
Wonderful, well-spaced campground under the East Texas tall pines

What the campsites lacks in remoteness it makes up for with everything else.

Very well-maintained National Forest site just off Texas Highway 7 in the middle of the Davey Crockett National Forest.

Highlights for the site include:

• very well-spaced apart offering more privacy than usually afforded

• restrooms and showers were clean.

• Access to hacking trails in the national forest

• Easy access to food/fuel/firewood

• A large variety of species for birdwatching

• Small lake with deck for launching kayaks or SUPs

There was not water at every site, so bring a longer hose and be ready to fill your tanks or containers.

Road noise from highway was audible, but not too distracting.

Its was quite first week of February 2021

Its was nice and quiet just me and angel my faithful companion we just spent a Sunday make some lunch and try to fish a little but 👎. We walk wrong to see the little park, and meet a gentleman name Billy, very nice guy. Not much of maintenance trash and glass in some spots.

Huge!

Lots of thoughtfulness in the layout and work of this camp. The trail that goes around the lake truly goes around so it's a trail runners dream. Playground is substantial and well away from cars. Bathrooms could be bigger but are clean. Tons of options and good signage.

And super safe!

Nice and clean

Very quiet despite mostly long terms, lots of rules that keeps the campground clean, neat, and orderly. Not a great place for pets, walking area is rather small. Small stocked pond, fish were biting! Spaces are extra long, however made for a 5th wheel. If in class A with a tow, will have to unhook if you don’t have 25-30 foot long hoses.

Pretty, free, Easy

The only reason I gave this four stars is because my boyfriend and I stayed in some other campgrounds that were far more beautiful and secluded. Not to say this place wasn’t those things. After a 10 hour drive, this was perfect. We parked our car next to the river, pitched a tent, and packed out. We didn’t use a fire ring or bathroom and I didn’t see either of those, but it was perfect for what we needed (and free!) not hard to find either. Would recommend for sure.

😏

To much people on trucks and boats but it is pretty

👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.

Tiny campground in the pines

We have camped here twice, both times in winter. In 2007 and 2017. Last time was over Christmas break and our group were the only ones in the park other than a few daytime visitors. 2020 has definitely changed that! 😂 When we were there last the water heater in the bathroom wasn’t working so the water was freezing 🥶 temperatures were in the 40’s. I just love the smell of the piney woods and when the sky is clear the stars are bright.

In my top 10

This is one of our favorite campgrounds due to the sense woods, well spaced campsites, clean family style bathrooms, and activities such as hiking, fishing, and swimming. Highly recommend!

Great 5 day stay.

Really enjoyed this campground. Some beautiful hikes and all but one site people really appear to not leave any trash. The forest service road to get to the campground is pretty level and appears you could get an rv or pull behind through it. Plenty of turn around space at multiple sites. I'd suggest getting here with some daylight to find a site if coming on a weekend. I would suggest getting firewood in Alto(15 minutes away) at Custom Cut Lumber. You can get pine firewood at 20 bucks a pickup load. It's self load but a really great deal.