Camping in San Carlos Acres Colonia

12 Reviews of 80 San Carlos Acres Colonia, Texas Campgrounds

D
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Economical Park

No pool but lots of activities available. Which include shuffle board, horse shoes, billiards, card games five nights a week, live entertainment and country jam weekly, pot lucks and special events. Camping fees are $30 per night with full hook ups and $15 per night with Passport America. Monthly…

Month of VisitDecember
D
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Economical Park

No pool but lots of activities for campers including shuffleboard, horse shoes, cards five nights a week, pool table and country jam on Mondays. $30 per night and $15 per night with Passport America. Monthly and long term rates available. Live entertainment and special events. Large hall for…

Month of VisitNovember
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Beautiful Trails!

I went on a hot day but the trees surrounding the trails made the experience beautiful! We saw a turkey too!

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2021

OK For A Quick Stop

Hosts are awesome. Very noisy and crowded. Very clean facilities and super clean swimming pool. The sewer hookup does not have a trap therfore no water to keep stench down. Smelled so bad I could not leave drain pipe connected while I stayed.

M
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2021

Overpriced

Overpriced for what they offer. Small concrete pad that's not even aligned with the RV door. The hook ups are on the right side when the electric cable and tanks' valve is on the left so the sewer hose ended up underneath the RV. $40/night... Stayed 3 nights... waste if money.

G
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2020

Best RV Park in the RGV

Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort’s unique hub-and-spoke circle design allows ample space to maneuver even the biggest RVs.Full hookups 50amp, clubhouse,pool,pontoon boat,bicycles,kayaks. World birding center @ Bentsen State Park. National Butterly Center. Wood Shop. $49 - 69/night.

R
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2020

Very nice resort

Very nice great pools hot tub tennis court Fun place to rv

William F.
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2020

Would stay again

We spent a week at Chimney Rock in life January. As expected the weather was great. Played golf at nearby courses. Most of the people there are Winter Texans are 55+. Very friendly. Lots of fun activities. Border patrol post on the property. Very safe. No cable and cell service spotty.

T
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2019

Very laid back atmosphere

Every Friday afternoon they have a jam session.  Coffee and doughnuts every Saturday.  Breakfast every other Monday. Water way with canoes. Game room with pool table. Laundry facilities on site. Large recreational hall. Owners are a joy to work with.

Month of VisitDecember
Analia F.
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2018

Great place to visit

I really enjoyed my stay at this campsite with my family. We actually came here on our Spring Break when we were in high school. We decided to come here because it wasn't a very long drive from home, and we knew there was some good hiking nearby. Located in Pharr Texas, the park is surrounded my…

• Down by the water. So pretty
  • One of our hikes
Month of VisitApril
L
Reviewed May. 24, 2018

Saltwater Campground

Many of the campsites are right on the water, which is the Arroyo Colorado, a canal that runs east-west to the Laguna Madre, the bay between the south Texas shoreline and South Padre Island. I've visited the park many, many times over the years because of its proximity to the Laguna Madre. I fish…

Hannah B.
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2017

Great place for birds

Interesting park. Used to be a full RV campground but has limited camping to hike-in primitive only. Bathrooms are about .3 miles away. Busy season is November-February when birds are easy to spot and winter Texans are in. Fun place to hike and check out what is in the bird blinds.

Month of VisitFebruary