Calvert, TEXAS

Most Recent Calvert Camping Reviews
Peaceful camping

We stayed at site 77 and I really liked the privacy of most campsites. This spot had easy access to the bathrooms and to the trail to the lake. My husband and friend attempted to fish on the lakeshore but were unsuccessful. The trail system is apparently expansive, but had been closed while were there due to some flooding. We did explore the Wilderness Run and Sunset trails, both of which we enjoyed. The greenery is very odd here - stark contrast between bald (dead?) trees and bright green grasses and shrubs. Either way, we had a great time camping here over a weekend.

Favouriteso far

This place is awesome beautiful lake

Well maintained and quiet place to camp

We had a quaint campsite with a Lakeview.

Each campsite appeared to be level and clean. The sites were spaced out so that you’re not camping on top of one another. Each space had a picnic table and grill. There was a fishing pier, boat ramp, and beach to swim at. Many of the camping spots can be reserved online, but the park maintains some camping spots for first-come.

Horrible conditions

We had called and made reservations and as we confirmed asked if a 40ft class A could fit. Well we got there and 1st of all it is so badly run down. Also the spot he wanted us to pull into was on grass and way too small. He said oh you can fit between those 2 trees. Omg I said absolutely not, you see how big our RV is and we would sink. No gravel even. Such a disappointment.

Great Experience!

Plenty of good camping spots as well as great trails and a big beautiful lake.

Pretty Nice

This recreation.gov campground was adequate for our needs. Most sites are shady, the outdoor tables we're sturdy, and there were fire pits and a separate cooking grill on a raised post. They parking pass we're decent asphalt. It is located on Lake Waco. There was some road noise from the highway. The toilet/shower house left a little to be desired. It wasn't as clean as it could have been. The women's showers had 2 stalls, one handicapped. The handicapped shower did not work. The other shower had a very difficult shower head to control the volume and direction of the spray. It was very cold the first morning and the shower building is not heated and had open screening at the top so showering was very eye opening! But the trees were beautiful with quite a few pecan trees. We would probably camp there again.

Great campground. Friendly camphost

Very clean and we'll maintained. Large v spaces.

Just off the highway...

It’s a place to rest your head and wash your clothes. The pool and dog park are excellent additions and I really enjoyed that!

Hot

I don't suppose I can blame Benbrook for hot weather in August. Pretty campground. Saw deer.

Beautiful View

This campground is the closest, of the lake campgrounds, to Waco. After a fun day at Magnolia Farms and DT Waco we found this campground on, the Dyrt, of course. We stopped at Walmart on the way and arrived just in time to jump in the lake. It was refreshing after a long hot day and we got to watch the sunset as we floated in the water. You have to reserve a spot on recreation.gov if you arrive after 6 PM. The reticent off duty camp host notified me that I couldn’t stay unless I made the reservation online. If you are in an RV there are a lot of lake view sights w great shade and some w canopies over the tables. We stayed at a “tent” ($16) site in our minivan. I’m still not sure where the water is for the tent ⛺️ people because I snuck over to one of the open RV sites to get water. There is a decent bathroom with toilet and shower which can’t be beat for $16.