Brady, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Brady Camping Reviews
1st Review Nailed It

We stayed here the evening of 2/16/20 thanks to location being shared by first reviewer. Great spot as described. We would recommend to anyone needing a free night or two in an old Texas town and would stay here agin. Cool town square and historic jail.

Beautiful views, but here are a few thing you need to know

I went with a buddy and we stayed in site 16 in the primitive walk-in site.  It was a gorgeous site right on the Colorado river.  The thing I didn't realize was that in the primitive walk-in site you are in a field, with not really any privacy from any other campers.  If you are thinking that you will have some foliage separation between sites, you won't.  The other thing that other Texas state parks have that Colorado Bend didn't have was showers and a plumbed bathroom.  They have 1 open air shower but it is closed during the winter season.  The bathroom's are simple outhouses with composing bins.  The shop also doesn't take credit cards, and they don't have the firewood vending machines you can access after hours, so if you come one after the shop closes, you will need to bring your own firewood.  We did the Spicewood Canyon trail that has some amazing views from the top of the ridge.  We hit the last mile of the Lemon Ridge trail that then dumped us on the the river trail that created a nice 6.5 mile loop.  It was a good hike that they have listed as "Challenging" but hasn't bad at all.  The north end of the site has the Waterfalls and from what we were told from some people at a neighboring site, that is were a lot of the day use hikers were.  Overall it was a great camping trip in a gorgeous part of Texas, there were just a few things I wish I had known going into the trip.

Loved it

Loved this spot. As other mentioned, it is primitive but as long as you're cool with that, the owners have a huge property and you can setup wherever you want on it (as long as you don't need water/electrical. We were able to pull out in our van in the middle of the field and get a bit of fast 3g from sprint to work (though it was sparse). 15min away from Enchanted Rock, best spot I know of for climbers sleeping in their vehicle around there. The owners are very nice.

Nice & Close to Enchanted Rock!

Private ranch that has opened some of their property for tents and RVs. Seems like less that 20 RV hook-ups, water and electric 30/50 available. Only 3 other campers here. Very quiet and beautiful setting and as close as you can get to Enchanted Rock. Big 👍🏻

One of my top camping spots I have been to

Cave exploring. Nothing else needs to be said. So much fun. Over came fear of daddy long legs, and little creepy crawlers.

No showers here, so be prepared. Awesome hiking trails.

Water activities were awesome due to the summer heat.

First 20 minutes at this park we had deer walking through our camp site.

Love this place.

Very clean, nice campground

Corp of Engineers campground.  Very clean, playground, fishing, swimming.

A potentially lovely place with campsites all packed around one field

We were really excited to visit, having heard great things about this park. We were amazed when we arrived at the configuration of campsites. In this gorgeous area, why put all the sites around a treeless field? Mountain biking and hiking was exceptional.

You get what you pay for

For $30 a night this is a decent campground.  We enjoyed our stay, but I'm not sure that I would pick this place compared to a campsite along Frio River if I had to choose.

The road leading to your campsite is gravel and windy.  There is not a place to check in, you just drive directly to your campsite.  I'm not sure how well a 30-40 foot camper would fair going down the trail to the best sites by the water.

We stayed at site 5 which is a really nice location with views of the river.  You have to walk down the road and to the water but it's not far.  Sites 1 and 5 have trails leading to the bathroom.  The downside to this is that people would walk through your campsite to get to the water.  The trail leading to the bathroom is made of rocks and a little steep.

Sites 31-38 are more out in the open and do not have shade.

The river is warm and somewhat clear.  There is a little ledge that your kiddos can jump off into the water.  The RV park also has kayaks you can rent.

There is not a store in the park.

A peaceful stay

The walk-in campsites are beautiful. They are well spaced and quite close to the river. The have lattern post, a picnic bench and a fire ring. The hikes are so so worth getting out there, we encountered some beautiful wildlife.

Special Event Camping Area

If you have ever been through this area you might have stopped off to enjoy the water front views, the picturesque bridge and falls or maybe even a picnic in the park. But what you might have missed is an opportunity to camp in this location!!

When I pulled into town for a brief moment to rest along long road trip I thought I would check out some of the campsites the community has to offer. I was advised to stop over to check out the rock creations at this park and told that sometime they have camping available at the unique location.

Indeed they do! During the unique community events the park is opened on a ticket basis for a limited number of campers. This number has changed in recent years due to flooding along the river banks which damaged a portion of the area previously used.

For those wanting to visit during these unique events it is well worth the escalated ticket price of staying at the park. During the LEAF (Llano Earth & Art Festival) tickets are priced between $75 and $100 per camp.

This price puts you right in the middle of all the action without having to find additional parking during the very busy time in such a small community. This park currently only accepts car or tent campers however!

While LEAF is not only festival which has access to the park it is the most popular. If you are wanting to camp during non-event times you must contact the City of Llano for approval.

So what is the benefit of this location??

It is beautiful!  Natural beauty abounds while still nestled in the middle of the town.  The river run-through the park and sets its northern boundary.  Inside the park there is art thriving from stacked totems to unique creations all complimenting the natural environment around you.

Bonus:  There are flushing toilets and running water in the restrooms located by the parking area and picnic tables throughout the upper portion of the park.  In addition you are only a few hundred yards from downtown and all its charm, though when standing by the river you will feel so far removed from the world that it won’t matter.