Blockhouse , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Blockhouse Camping Reviews
Nice Campground with nice people

I rated this a 4 because the camping sites are quite close together which feels like you are almost up on top of your neighbor.  The setting is quite beautiful and most have a river view (I love waking up to the sound of flowing water).  The swimming hole really wasn't much of a swimming hole, which was disappointing because that was the whole reason that my sister, visiting from California, wanted to stay there.  It was quite pricey, so I am not sure that we would stay there again when it might be more affordable to stay elsewhere.  We stayed Easter weekend and it was sweet that they did an Easter egg hunt for the smaller kids.

This made me sad.

I live not far from here and we camped at site #3 we picked up so much trash in and around our site that it was sad.

Very clean RV park nested in 3 creeks

Triple Creek Campground lives up to it’s name being surrounded by 3 Creeks. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend in 2020 and although it was completely full, it didn’t feel crowded.

There was a big field where kids could play, with a play set and many other things to keep them busy. There was also a stage that wasn’t used because of Covid but I’m guessing is usually used throughout the summer. Kids are welcome get wet and stroll down one of the creeks in tubes and there’s plenty of shade.

This Campground has more of an RV parking lot feel than others, but there’s plenty to do at the campground to keep you preoccupied. The staff was always present and even brought rocks to paint with all of the supplies right to the campsite!

We used this campground as a base camp to access the national park, Gatlinburg and other beautiful close by destinations. If you’re looking for a place to park your camper right on a creek, it’s a really nice place to stay. If you’re looking for a secluded campsite, you probably should keep looking.

Awesome

Wonderful views of the water. Clean bathrooms and showers.

Clean, bear proof encouraged

Walking distance to light hiking. Very clean campgrounds. They even have a small house with running water to clean your kitchen pots and pans etc. There is a water refill station and plenty of bear approved garbage bins. Fishing is open year-round. Rhododendrum‘s bloom In June. We had a great experience!

Easter

Check to make sure they are open. Showed up on Easter weekend and this place was closed. So after 11/2 hr drive, we ended up camping up on the hill above the boat ramp.. Better luck next time..

Absolutely gorgeous!

Wow! Amazing primitive campsites! Each has a picnic table, fire pit/grill, and level area for 1-2 tents (a few can accommodate more if you’re ambitious), and lake views (most have lake access if you want to put in a kayak or canoe). Sites are so spread out it feels like you’re the only one on the lake! Most parking next to campsites could fit camper van or tiny trailer and at the end of the road there is a turn around space if needed; however every site has steps down to the level area (L9 has the longest straight down hill to the lake), so you won’t be parking right next to the site if that is a problem…it wasn’t for me). Just drive carefully( lots of big potholes and blind curves)! Overall, a beautiful area to set up camp (up to 14 days)! I didn’t want to leave.

My Favorite Smokies Campground !

Best Campground in The Great Smokies National Park! Sites are private, most are very wooded, they have tables, fire rings and usually paved tent pads. The showers are nice and clean and the river runs right through the campground so many sites are next to it and the sound is WONDERFUL!!!!

Our first KOA

As the title describes, this was our first KOA experience. We usually stay at State Parks. Well it had rained the day we arrived and evidently the past few days because the camp was very muddy. The first site they tried to put us at was all grass and mud. No pavement or gravel. We had our 27’ 5th wheel camper. I kindly asked for a better site and they worked with us on a “better site”. 277 was our new site and it was also very muddy BUT did some enough concrete to set up the camper decent enough. The weather finally improved Monday and things started to dry up. The kid activities and the pool were nice and we enjoyed those. The mobile shower trailer was a no go for us because they were very dirty. We probably won’t come back here.