The best YURTS camping near
Williamston , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Williamston Camping Reviews
Poor water pressure

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Do not recommend!

We had a terrible experience here. We rented one of the camping RV's and paid by check in advance. The campground was recommended on a travel group I belong to on facebook. We drove 4 hours and when we showed up and checked in, we were greeted kindly but it went downhill when we went to the RV. The RV was very old(maybe 20 years?) and smelled like mold/mildew. We opened the windows in an effort to air it out. My son and husband thought that it smelled like sewage, and the lights on the black tank indicated full. We went back to the office to inquire about the smell and the black tank. The lady working the desk said her husband would check the black tank after he finished supper and that it should smell like peppermint. I can assure you that it did not. My kids were already asking if they could sleep in the car at this point. The husband checked the tank and said it was empty but the indicator was broken. We were at a loss as to what to do, as we were sure if we stayed, we would have gotten sick. Two of us have asthma and 2 of us have allergies and I was afraid that if we stayed in it, we would be sick with bronchitis as that is usually what happens when I am exposed to mold. Also, given covid- I don't think most people would want this risk. The husband said that RV"has always smelled like that since we bought it." We remembered that their camping cabins looked newer online and thought that may be a better option so we asked if we could switch to one of them(they are less expensive and we were fine with that). Unfortunately, since it was Labor Day weekend, they were all booked as well as every campsite. They refused to give us a refund or offer any other options. We had no idea where we would go as it was 6:00 at night and everywhere seemed to be booked for Labor Day weekend. We called a few campgrounds with no luck and ended up eating dinner in town and driving to Asheville to stay at a hotel and returning home the next day. This was so disappointing as we had spent most of the day before we left prepping food, packing, etc. I would never return or recommend this place due to how they handled our situation, with no concern at all and keeping our money with no solution offered. I can only guess that if you bring your own tent or RV, the rest of the campground is acceptable since the reviews overall are good. But definitely DO NOT rent the RV's- unless you can tolerate high levels of mold and want to pay$100 a night for a worn out, smelly RV.

Lovely organic campground

Very clean,natural, beautiful trees , and a nice location. It is run by a very nice family. We were close to amazing waterfalls and hikes in DuPont forest. Short drive to Brevard with great places to eat. The sites are staggered down the hillside and gives you a sense of privacy. The bathrooms were very clean.

Secret hideaway

Great little spot, clean area and homey environment. Breakfast on the porch in the mornings! Great little cabins as well. Quite and peaceful getaway!

Glamping in a yurt

Great park to visit for a night. Has a beach. It is lacking trails to explore compared to other parks. Yurts are super nice. Warm in the summer though. Yurt 6 has its own private beach area ;)

Love this park

Beautiful location especially in the lakeside spots Nice people and rangers Huge area to explore Will definitely return here

Not the best State Park

This is one of my least favorite State Parks. You are packed in, sites close together. I usually love State Parks for the privacy. Not the case at this park. If you book early and get a water front sites, they were nice. Not big rig friendly. I have a 43ft 5th Wheel and it was very tight navigating through the park. Electric 30amp and Water only. Dump station has easy access. Trash was not picked up around trash cans. We actually left a day early.

I simply loved this place

This place was one of my favorite places to camp! We went at the end of Summer before school was about to start again. The temperature was so nice and warm during  the day and perfect at night. The pool was so much fun and we really enjoyed it. We also played a lot of badminton.

The owners of the campground cook a fabulous breakfast that we really enjoyed. The pancakes were delicious! The camp store was fully stocked. The location. Was really nice too. We went to DuPont S.P and enjoyed that as well.

We will be going back!

Awesome!

We just got home from here. Love this place! We had site 51, on the water. It was a lake front pull through and it was great! Even has cable. And the Verizon and AT&T signal was good. This campground is huge, with lots of bath houses that are clean. Can’t wait to go again.