The best camping in
Pennsylvania

Camping Pennsylvania

Fireflies illuminate Pennsylvania summer nights. Cricket song fills the air. In Autumn, a motley blaze of red and yellow leaves streaks the hillsides as a rich, earthy scent permeates the woods. Through all seasons, gurgling brooks and creeks weave their way through the countryside. Secret glens and mossy pools await. For centuries this landscape has attracted lovers of the outdoors, and there's no limit to opportunities for camping in Pennsylvania.

An indescribable yet unmistakably ancient energy fills Pennsylvania's wildernesses. It can be felt clearly in places like Bushkill Falls. There, in the "Niagara of Pennsylvania," explorers of all ages find fun and discovery.

A broad network of trails leads to and around eight beautiful waterfalls. The Twin Lakes wait for anglers. Curious travelers can explore three different historical exhibits, sluice for gemstones, or try their luck in the Bushkill Falls Mining Company Maze. Some people claim that if you stand still, close your eyes, and listen, you can feel the history ebbing and flowing around your feet at Bushkill Falls.

Pennsylvania's enormous population of majestic whitetail deer offer great surprises for nature-lovers camping in Pennsylvania. With a closely monitored population ranging from 1 to 1.5 million, Pennsylvania's white tail are famous for their size, grace, and beauty. Alert hikers and campers will likely catch a glimpse of these wonderful animals.

The Pennsylvania landscape is diverse and full of variety. With the Appalachian Mountains bisecting the state, the eastern and western halves are distinctive both culturally and geographically, but neither is lacking for natural wonders.

To the east, you can find camping near popular destinations like the Delaware Water Gap at the border between Pennsylvania and New Jersey. To the west, there's the fantastic Laurel Caverns, where visitors can experience a three-hour-long tour that goes 46 stories deep into the mountainside.

Pennsylvania has plenty of rivers for the aquatically inclined. Chief among them is the Susquehanna, the longest East Coast river draining into the Atlantic Ocean. This impressive waterway offers many opportunities for fishing, boating, and exploration. Folks camping in Pennsylvania may enjoy pitching their tent or parking their camper on the Susquehanna riverside.

All of this is just a small part of what the Keystone State offers to explorers of all kinds. Many more secrets wait nestled in the countryside, waiting to be discovered.

Recent Reviews in Pennsylvania
Great access to water and hiking activites

This location is pretty great, especially since it's very close to Pittsburgh. You can go canoeing, hiking, swimming, and camping! There is even a nice snack bar during the summer! I only gave it 4/5 stars because it does not feel as remote as I like for when I  go camping to get away from the city!

Beautiful area, nice natural features, great hiking and biking

I'm a huge fan of this park. I came on October 1, and the leaves were just starting to change color. I think that, had I come in the middle of summer, I would not have been so happy with how close the other campsites are. If it was more crowded, I would have given it a lower rating. Everything else is great! There are beautiful hiking trails, a lake with swimming/boating/fishing, many small streams, a pretty waterfall, and gorgeous trees everywhere.

Not what it seems!

Own a 30 ft fleet wood pull behind and had to back into my space.  Came to the area for fall to see the colors of Amish country.  Electric tripped daily and even burnt about 7 ft of my 30amp cord and ruined my plug.  Response from owner was “I sell them in my gift shop”.  I was more than ticked off and left that same week when I got my electric bill.  They gave me a printout that said I used almost 60 dollars in electric in a week. I use propane for heat and hot water and never had a bill over 40

In my 7 years of owning this camper.  So please be prepared for disappointment with this facility and staff.  Location and setting is amazing but that’s it

This is not a camping spot.

This is a Jewish synagogue and summer camp…

Okay campground

This place was to crowded. Campsites are way to close to each other. No privacy

Not a campground

This is not a campground

This is my go to camp spot

Blue rocks is the best family campground within 5 hours of philadelphia. Hands down. They have everything you need from primitive sites to cabins to rent. The staff is always friendly and it’s always great time. I can’t wait to go back.

Most well kept campground I’ve ever visited.

Paradise stream is a beautiful campground. They go above and beyond to keep the grounds immaculate. The fire pits are even top notch. There are many activities including boating on the lake, fishing, pedal carts, shuffle board, mini golf and swimming. The staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Planning another visit this year.

Lovely rustic cabins by a crick

My family has been camping here for generations. There are charming rustic cabins, toilets and showers nearby. Outdoor spigots for water. They’re all right next to a shady crick, near a sliding rock, and some nice hikes. Great spot for kids.

Mill Creek not here

No such park here. This is Lancaster County Central Park. No camping here.