The best YURTS camping near
Vinita , OKLAHOMA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Vinita Camping Reviews
Twin Bridges State Park

Nice, no one camping in December. Mostly set up for RVs with some day use areas. Nice vistas of the Neosho River from the Echo Bluff sites with all the leaves down. Biggest detractor is the traffic noise. Didn't check out the boat launch area which was across the highway from the main park and office. NOTE JUST IN CASE (12/4/20): We found an adult black cat near our campsite who appeared pretty content to just sit in the leaves and watch everything! No collar or tags seen. Apparently no animal control for this county.

The falls are beautiful, camp is just okay

We stayed in a Monday night in early November and there were only two other groups in the tent loop. The TV loop seemed a little busier. The shower house is right next to the RV loop and a bit of a walk from the tents. We had a picnic table and fire ring. The campground is not far from a busy road so we had some noise. Conveniently located near a large town in Arkansas for supplies and good cell signal. We did the short hike to the falls and they were gorgeous. $16 for the night.

Beautiful Falls Great for Family

When traveling through Oklahoma, Natural Falls is a great place to camp. It’s on border of Arkansas and Oklahoma, near Siloam Springs. It’s peaceful. You can take your wheelchair on some of the trails and look at the Falls. There’s a steep hike down to the falls for those who can walk it. The road is paved and each site has cement pad. So if you have a special needs person with you they can get around with no prob. There is also discount for totally disabled people.

There are nice playgrounds, disc golf and trails. Camp in RV or tent. Definitely going back. Been twice already in one summer. (2019)

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

Beautiful Falls Great foe Family

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Too crowded for me

The hiking is awesome but the camping not so much. I like to be away from people and these campsites are very close together with no privacy. I prefer to make a day trip when I visit here instead of camp. We drive down early and go to the Wildlife Sanctuary and drive thru in Gentry Arkansas (20 min from Natural Falls) then we go hike the falls. You can’t swim there at all so when we leave the falls we stop down the road at Flint creek and go for a swim. The water is crystal clear and amazing. I’m posting pics of it bc it isn’t even on the map to add a review. You can also camp there but I have not. You have to pay to rent a tube or use the slides but if you walk down beside the fence to the right it’s free 😉

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

3 Times so far

First time here we stayed in a Yurt. Our group had 3 of the 5 Yurts and they were very well appreciated as the rain swamped some of the tents in our group.

2nd and 3rd trips here we stayed in our TT. Site #21 was awesome with electric, water and sewer hook ups as well as a lot of space all around our site. Site #18 was very cramped and only had electric and water hook ups. Our neighbor's water and electric hookup was literally closer than our picnic table. We walked around and found other sites with more space for next time.

The area is beautiful. Lots of trails, wildlife and a year round waterfall that is fed by a pump from a pond downstream. There is opportunity to fish in the pond. The waterfall is magnificent and can be viewed from an overlook that is easily accessible. The hike to the bottom and back out is moderately strenuous but there are places to take a break as needed.

Great Park! Close Neighbors

Great campsite! Clean with many things to do. As most reviews have mentioned, sites are very close together.

Restrooms were alright. They are shared between RV campground and tent campground. Only two showers and two stalls.

Hikes were great! The waterfall is beautiful, however the park map confused us more than we thought it would. Unsure why it was so difficult to read, but we figured it out!

Beautiful Campground & Waterfall

CLICK HERE for full video

Nestled in the foothills of the Ozarks, Natural Falls State Park boasts a unique beauty which is unmatched through other state parks within Oklahoma. Perhaps best known for its beautiful waterfall, there are many other things to do here that make this a great place to visit during camping season.

I visited during the summer months, it was hot and sticky outside, but slightly overcast making it a perfect day to visit and enjoy the park itself as well as some of the camping options.

Exploring this park is fun as trails wind around and meander through some of the most beautiful areas of Oklahoma. If you are a person who likes mountains more than plains, this area of Oklahoma is one for you as lush tree coverage and rocky crags abound.

The campsites themselves are pretty typical of an Oklahoma campground. 44 RV sites, also which can accommodate tent campers who are in need of power and 17 tent sites are available in addition to yurts they have on property. Yurts are pretty common in many Oklahoma State Parks in this region I have found. The sites are pretty standard with fire rings, picnic tables and some lantern hooks, just the basic ground work laid for you to set up your own unique adventures.

When visiting I noticed that the Yurt section had no visitors during the week day and the campground itself was sparse as well. During the weekends I can imagine this fills up much more as it is a great place to visit.

Visiting is fun with lots to do including the hiking trails however they also have playgrounds, volleyball and disc golf. The one downside for those visiting during the heat of summer however is, unlike many parks in Oklahoma which offer swimming beaches or pools, this park does not have any swimming resources. This was not a deal breaker for me personally but I would think for many it could be.

A few things I noted that apply at the park that could be negatives to visitors passing through. They do currently have a reservation system, this can have both pros and cons. The reservation system is pretty easy to navigate but does state that on weekends you must book for the 2 days of the weekend no exceptions. When visiting the park in person I was told you can also get a site on the day of, however there is no guarantee of sites being available. Unlike many parks which hold a certain number for arrivals they are moving toward a fully online booking system like many other states.