Hennessey , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Hennessey Camping Reviews
Oasis in the Plains

Roman Nose is a popular State Park with many activities to keep you entertained & beautiful scenery. We stayed at RV Site #39 at Two Lakes & enjoyed our stay. It was a clean site with full hookups, picnic table, fire pit and spaced well from the other sites. Traffic was heavy because of the nearby General Store, fishing dock and one trail head to Inspiration Point. If we returned, would stay at #40, but #37, 38 & #39 are good sites.

Cedar Cove had water & electric and seemed to be the sites with least traffic & felt a bit more peaceful.

Canyon Vista is very crowded, open & only for those that enjoy knowing their neighbors well. When we walked by, it felt like a huge party, everyone seemed happy & enjoying their time.

Bitter Creek RV Area & Bitter Creek Tent Area are separated from the hustle & bustle, however the RV area is very open & very visible from the main road. It is good for very big RVs.

The Spring Loop Trail with the Spring Pavilion & the old OCC Pool is a must & so is the Inspiration Point Trail. Inspiration Point Trail is a moderate trail with some steep grades.

Great Little Hiden Gem

We decided to give this place a try and are so glqd we did! It's a nice little campground with maybe 10 pull-through spots long enough to accommodate most, if not all. Full hookups including electric, water, and sewer available. The spots are spaced close together with about a 4 ft median of grass between but it's not a busy place, in fact we had the whole area to ourselves! Pretty quiet,, can only hear the nearby interstate faintly. There's a dirt path to the lake with fishing access and a lot of open area to run and play. Access to a shaded picnic area as well. It's kept clean and we did see someone do regular drive bys to check on the place. Overall a great spot & we will definitely stop again for a longer stay!

Camping Above the River

Very pretty park with lots of trees in the campground, birdwatching and fishing! Family and group friendly. Sweet little wildwood chapel and nice trails. It's a popular park, well kept and friendly. Paved RV sites with water and electric, some a little too close together. Reservations must be made through Reserve America. The only distraction was the morning we left, when several small planes made practice landings and takeoffs at the nearby Jet Airport. They were so noisy when they flew over the campground and river that you couldn't hear anything but the engine noise. Not sure how often this happens. It was a Monday morning that day.

Good spot

Pretty empty for a Friday but it’s late in the season. This location allows you to pull straight into the tent spots. Not like others where you park and pack in so great for car camping. Online reservations are easy. No one around to check in when I arrived and no camp host present but no big deal. Water is turned off for tent spots 1-4.

Easy In and Out

This place has it all! Even buffalo! Indoor pool. Nice showers, laundry room, clean bathrooms. Coffee and muffins free in the morning! They have church services on Sunday as well.

Great Hosts

This is a small, but comfy RV park with full hookups (30/50amp), bath house and laundry facilities. There is also a common fire pit. The place is located on historic Route 66. Close to the I-40, but far enough away that the passing traffic would bother you. The hosts, Danny and Virgina, are the nicest people you will ever meet. I am a brand new RVer and had problems backing my trailer into one of the slips. Virgjnia was nice enough to back the trailer in for me. I will deffinitely stop by again whenever I am in Hinton/Bridgeport, OK area. Thank you so much for your hospitality.

Highly recommemd this place !

Very peaceful, clean place and super nice owner we met, Denny & Verginia . Definitely come back again.

So much fun

You can’t camp at the actual Salt Plains. We spent the day here and had such an awesome time. I took kids ages 3-12 and they all had a blast. Make sure to bring metal shovels and metal hand shovels bc the plastic ones will break, you will want sand buckets, egg cartons to put the crystals in bc when they come out they are still soft and brittle, sunscreen, lots of water, towels, baby wipes, a umbrella if you have one (we didn’t need it but a lot of people prefer them). I can’t stand sand/salt on me (think nails on a chalk board feeling) so I needed to shower pronto afterwards and couldn’t so lots of water to rinse off with is a good thing to have. You will have sand and salt all over your car inside and out FYI lol.

Stunning

This place is gorgeous and the views are breathtaking from the top. There aren’t a lot of hiking trails. It’s one way up, walk around on the plateau and back down you go. We drove pretty far to see it and it wasn’t a long stop. We spent a decent amount of time up too but next time will make it a part of a bigger trip to see more things. There’s picnic tables and restrooms. I’d for sure picnic here. The way up is steep. I took my dog and she did great going up the grates steps. So did my children (ages 6 and 13). They do have a water hydrant by the bathrooms so you can get water for your pets. My kids enjoyed putting their faces in it bc it was a pretty hot day lol. There is a vending machine but it was not working when we went.

Fun place to go

We tent camped and had a good time. The water is shallow forever so you don’t have to worry much about little ones playing. It isn’t too far from the great salt plains. Had a awesome day digging and was nice to go for a swim go get all the salt and sand off of us. I think next time I’ll drive home bc I can’t stand salt on my body. The feeling is awful to me lol. Def take some metal shovels and metal hand shovels ( the little plastic ones break) take lots of water, baby wipes and towels. You’ll also want to take egg cartons bc the crystals are soft when you dig them up so you’ll want to store them in it to harden up. My kids loves it and had a blast!