Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
About Alabaster Caverns State Park
Alabaster Caverns State Park is located in Oklahoma
8 Reviews of Alabaster Caverns State Park
The cave tour is worth the drive

We really enjoyed the cave tour. A very knowledgeable guide took us through the cave and showed us all the cave features. The cave tour is a great idea in the heat of the summer since it’s nice and cool down there. We hiked a couple of the trails. There were some strenuous parts but the scenery is worth it. The RV sites looked nice but I don’t think I’d want to tent camp here. The tent camping site is on a slope and there doesn’t really seem to be a good place to pitch a tent. Great for a day trip though.

Small CG

11 sites. So be sure to reserve a spot if you need to stay for the night. We were traveling through to CO and stopped for 2 nights. Electric boxes are newer and water pressure was good. Dump station available. The second day we took the cave tour. Thought we were going to have a tour to ourselves. Instead we dealt with others. Some who were a bit snippy about the van (vs. Tram) ride back. I enjoyed the cave very much. Beautiful displays of gypsum looking sleek as glass. No pictures allowed in the caverns. No smoking, vaping, food or bottled water either. Wear decent shoes due to slick, muddy spots and a jacket. It gets a bit chilly inside.

Caves to explore

Definitely take a cave tour while visiting, but also explore the other trails in the park through the canyon. There are a few different camping locations, we stayed farthest from the visitor center and hiking trails. You can walk to the caves from any of the campgrounds. No shade at the sites but very pretty. Simple sites. Clean, quiet, peaceful. Next time we will do the cave camping option where you get to say inside the cave!

Alabaster Caverns

Went here spontaneously after recommendation from someone in a diner. Beautiful caverns, definitely do the tours and dress for cool temps, slippery rocks. Awesome bats when we visited years ago, maybe not anymore due to white nose disease :( Lovely trees and canyon. Campground is small but sites are very nice and clean. Rangers were especially nice with lots of geology/nature info in the office.

Alabaster

I took my little cousins here and they had a blast. It was really cool when you go to go in the caves. The caves are really slippery so I should have wore my hiking boots instead to sandals. The tour was amazing and was only 10 dollars. There are campsite though we did not camp here. The restrooms were really clean and I would definitely recommend coming here

Alabaster Caverns

This is a really great park in Major County, Oklahoma. Very close to other natural sites like, Little Sahara and the Gloss (Glass) Mountains. We prefer tent camping in the canyon area, but be forewarned that it can be cold at night. The tour is enjoyable, and 3 species of bat can be seen frequently. All and all a great little park.

The tent camping area was very nice and clean. Lots of awesome trails.

Great wild caving and camping

Campgrounds are clean and well kept up. Bathrooms aren't bad. There's an area in the canyon area and one above that's more for RV's (they have nice showers in that area, not free showers).