The best WALK IN camping near
Glencoe , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Glencoe Camping Reviews
Beautiful area

This place was further off the beaten path than expected and was a beautiful location. I camped in late November so water was shut off but electric worked well. Bathrooms were pretty gross and the facilities in general just felt fairly decrepit. All that said, I'm a sucker for waterfront camping and would definitely check it out again with a full fresh tank.

Part of the Campground is Closed for the Winter

The northern most part of the campground is closed for the winter months but the southern end close to the boat ramp is open with just a few sites.  There is a park host onsite.  I rode through and did not see a bathhouse or bathroom.  The  camp is a bit further south than is depicted on the maps.  It is south of the dam and well marked.

Good spot

Pretty empty for a Friday but it’s late in the season. This location allows you to pull straight into the tent spots. Not like others where you park and pack in so great for car camping. Online reservations are easy. No one around to check in when I arrived and no camp host present but no big deal. Water is turned off for tent spots 1-4.

All around happy camping

Stayed here for several days. Fun playground for the kids. Surrounded by water. Clean bathrooms. Season ends 10/26-no water but still has electricity. Host was helpful. Plenty of large wooded spots.

Depends on the Time of Year

I write this review as an observer.  I live in the area.  The park is gated (un-maned) and access is not restricted.  There is a outhouse with water.  They have made some improvements in the last few years but this area used to gather a lot of riff-raff.   The other camp located just a short distance away is gated (Maned) and the sites all have water and electric.  If your on a budget this place is great.  If you want to feel a bit more secure, I recommend the other camp!  I would not recommend this as a family vacation site.

Not a big place to camp

Lake Sahoma has very few spots to camp and they are right off the main road so cars drive by often. If you love fishing, this is the lake for you. This lake is strictly for fishing. I guess you could kayak but there’s lots of trees in the water so you’d have to watch out for those. There a a few docks for fishing but you have to have a trout license. There is a area just up the road you can fish with a regular fishing license and be fine. They do drive by and check to see if you have a fishing license. I prefer places I can hike and play in the water so this isn’t really a lake for me.

Smaller campground

I prefer to stay here when I go to Skiatook lake because it is a smaller campground. There are bathrooms that are a pretty short walk from all the campsites. You can hike thru the woods, across the road and down to an area that has bluffs you can jump from, although this is frowned upon 😅. There’s plenty of wood you can collect for a fire. Each site has a picnic table and grill. I think the best site is the first one as you pull in. It is a little bit further apart than the rest and right on the water.

Birch Cove Campground

We had a spectacular spot with nothing in our view except hardwood forest. The road in front of our spot was a little busy as it was the main road to the fishing dock and it was a nice hill for kids to ride scooters and skateboards on. But all in all it was quiet and relaxing.

Very Peaceful & Not Crowded

Campground C area offers many pull through RV sites and some back-in RV sites, all with electric & water hook ups. There is also equestrian RV sites with pens, tent camping with shared water spigots, primitive tent camping and a dump station. There are miles of equestrian trails. Hiked down one and the trail was very peaceful and beautiful. It had recently rained a lot, so I had a thick layer of red mud on my shoes from the hike, but glad I hiked it. There are bathrooms with showers, a swim beach, a volleyball court, pavilions, a boat ramp, and plenty of wildlife. Lake is calm & shallow, so it is best for small boats and kayaks. There were plenty of flies due to the time of year and the presence of horses, so a good fly swatter and a fly trap is recommended. Found a small cemetery on the drive to the campsite with some very old grave sites. In all, it was a great place to escape from the real world and relax.

Really great sites! Terrible system

They have just about anything you would want. Sites on the water, large shaded sites, pull thrus. Nice playground. Two issues. 1. It’s really hard to get a spot. First come first serve. Not who put things in the site first, but who actually puts money in the box first. This leads to a lot of arguments that I witness almost every time we’re at Arcadia. 2. Community water. Sometimes you need 2 or even 3 hoses to reach the water. Campsite wise,this is some of the best camping anywhere near OKC. Also a ton of deer. See them everyday.