The best WALK IN camping near
Comanche , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Comanche Camping Reviews
Spectacular place to visit

Doris campgrounds are only open for RV campers due to covid so I couldn’t stay. Mount Scott had some pretty awesome views and I hiked the trail across the road from it by the bathrooms. There is a gate and a path beside it made from vehicle wheels. You can hike pretty far. There are several spots where you cross a creek which was good for my dogs or I think they would have died by the way they were panting lol. It was 91 degrees when I hiked it. Take 2 water bottles for yourself if it’s hot out! The trail ends at a beautiful lake with the mountain in the distance. I walked down to the lake so the dogs could cool off and drink for a while. Def loved taking it all in. There’s cattle but they didn’t mind us one bit.

I did see camping in town right before the blue water towers, along the river/creek there are tent camping spots and a lot of people were fishing. It’s just over the bridge and you can miss it. It’s not on the app so thought I would mention it in my review and added some pics of that area!

I don’t like crowds

I agree with the others. It’s trashed and it is PACKED. The tent sites are a little too close together for my liking. Like on top of each other. I think your best bet would be to stay on the outer edge sites and not in the middle for sure. I’d also reserve online bc they are always full. I’ve heard of people being turned away that just show up to camp. It is EXPENSIVE also. You have to pay for your campsite and then also pay a fee per person. Tent camping is only $12.50 but then add on $16 per adult and $9 per child….. it’s ridiculous. There’s a lot of other places I would rather stay that are way less crowded and way cheaper. I’d suggest staying elsewhere and stopping in for the day if you want to go. ALSO you have to have a coast guard approved life jacket for everyone under the age of 12! So keep that in mind. Pets are not allowed at the falls either.

Lovely Park!

We were here for 5 nights in August 2020. We were in back-in site 20, which was level, shaded and plenty wide and long enough for our 35’ MH and tow car. The pads are gravel with a paved pad for picnic table. There are a lot of pull through sites that are plenty long for big rigs and not tight together. They have FHU, great cable and very decent WiFi. Verizon cell service was 4G 4 bars. The fulltime and long-term folks are over in a different section. The park is on the Wichita River, has lots of ducks and geese that like the pond there and there are lots of kitschy things around the park. They have a pool, laundry and bathhouses- all clean. I did not meet any staff as they had contactless check-in– your paperwork is taped to the office door. There is plenty of shopping all around. We took a lovely hike through Lucy Park and saw the beautiful Wichita Falls. We would go back to this very nice park.

A lot of fun activities!

The good: This park has a lot to offer. Multiple pools(including a nice splash pad type area for the little kids), jumping pillows, maze, nice playground, animals, blow up obstacle course, and schedules activities like hayrides, bubbles, candy bingo, etc. The not so great: There’s a lot of campsites and most are “RV park” type sites with little shade. The bad: The cafe. We seem to always have problems. Waited over an hour to get pancakes, over an hour to get a pizza, and once the breakfast buffet ran out of food right after we bought it (3 separate trips). The foods not bad, we just seem to be unlucky. It’s obviously easy to work around this, just bring your own food! Overall: We think the camping price is very reasonable for all of the included activities and we enjoy coming here a couple times a year.

Little hidden gem

Robinson’s Landing is nestled on the northern side of lake Latonka. The sites have concrete pads with water and 30/50amp hook ups. The sewage dump station isn’t very far directly across from the marina. The roads are gravel leading in from marina but are generally good to travel on. Sites sit close together however if you are lucky to get a water view it’s not bad. What makes this a great place is it’s proximity to the water and marina which offers paddle board and kayak rentals. Close by attraction are the north entry of the Witchsta Mountain wildlife refuge, Meers and Historic Medicine Park.

Mountains in Oklahoma??

This is an awesome place to visit for the day or weekend! It’s only about 3 hours from the Dallas area and is very scenic. Lots of wildlife and fun trails to hike! The campground fills up quick so get there early.

Way colder than I expected

I camped here in November and was not at all prepared for how cold it was at night. We arrived after dark and set up and went to sleep right away. The sites are pretty spread out but there were no restrooms, only porta pottys.

Need Help With Covid 19

Of course, Covid 19 has forced many places to make adjustments, and this is a trying time for all. That being said, this camp is inconsistent with its information online, on this app, and in person. Many amenities and even basic entry had conflicting information, and we were turned away after driving so far to get there. The maps they gave us were also unclear and poorly labeled. The park is beautiful and a must-see, but I’d feel better avoiding this site entirely.

Like camping at a water park, without the slides

Completely primitive. There are showers and flushing toilets available, but for the most part you're accessing portables. The previous review regarding rules, or a lack thereof, is relatively accurate. It would be a fun place to spend a couple days if you were lucky enough to pick days the park isn't very crowded. It is quite a shame the level of preservation and care allotted to the environment. People couldn't be bothered to properly dispose of their waste, female hygiene products were in the water at the falls, soiled diapers stuffed into bushes, and waste was everywhere except in the bathrooms which were surprisingly clean. This place is definitely for the "party" camper.

Family campground-Winner of Tx campground of the year! 3pools,splash park,

Lots of family activities-swimming, fishing, maze, mini golf, hayrides, archery, paintball, laser tag, crafts, animal visits, bubble pool, golf cart rentals, great cabins, level concrete rv sites 20/30/50 amp, cafe, store, gem mining, basketball, cedar playground!!!