Achille, OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Achille Camping Reviews
Nice Tent Camping with amazing view

Was able to spend a night at Buzzards Roost campground while visiting Lake Murray State park.  Our tent site was at the point and provided us with great views of the marina, and Tucker Tower.  There is plenty of parking and the tent pads were nice and level with plenty of space for larger tents.  Each fire pit had it own grate that provides a cooking surface over the fire; however, must were damaged but still usable.  Bath house is a little older but the amenities were nice.  There are 4 showers that are available with great pressure and temps.  All but a few campsites were on the water so it makes it easy to put in a small water craft or even pull a larger boat up to your site.

Great place to camping

Great place to camp. Stayed during Thanksgiving, after Blue River was stocked with Trout, fishing was awesome. Great family camping and fishing. Highly recommended. We be returning.

Great fishing!

Great area for fishing, water sports and camping. We had fun on Lake Texoma and will be returning. This is a small, well kept campground and I recommend

Poor Customer Service - Refuse to Refund Fee

We had a reservation for two camp sites for Oct 25th and 26th. It stormed heavily on Friday, October 25th. Arguably, it was even a safety hazard to go. As such, we did not go and was still charged the camp site fees. When I spoke with the Texas Parks and Recreations central reservations, they could not help and advised me to contact Eisenshower and informed me the park has discretion to refund the fees. When I called and spoke with"Rhonda," she informed me that she could not refund the money despite the rain and told me the park's policy prevents her from doing so. I question whether such a policy exist since central reservations specifically said the parks have discretion. This is the poor customer service. I didn't know state funded parks were under such pressure to squeeze money out of people and make margins since it is tax funded by individuals like me. Amazing how poor customer service governmental entities provide. Governmental workers will be just that…government workers. Sad.

Nice area, nice visitors center

Nice area, nice visitors center.  We enjoyed our time here. Lots of exploring and fun on the water. We will be returning along with friends in the future.

Nice campground for weekend getaway

Nice campground for weekend get away. Well kept grounds, friendly staff and great place to spend the weekend. Recommended and will return in the future.

Pretty Area

Nice and pretty area. Operated under the US Army Corps of Engineers

Decent campground

Decent campground. Could use a few more primitive campsites. Enjoyable time with family. Would recommend for a weekend campout.

Quiet, lake front camping

The park was quiet and very pretty. It would be nice if it connected to other areas of the park through hike/bike trails. We didn't like having to drive to get to other areas in the park.

The site (BR011) was hard to back into. The approach is narrow and there's a large boulder right in the turn path of the tow vehicle. It also leans slightly downhill so leveling pads were critical. The site itself sits right next to the lake on a small elevation but the view is mostly obstructed by trees. There's a short path leading down to the lake with a bit of bank area that was good for fishing.

Fine for short stay

Nothing spectacular but fine for a short stay.

Convenient, friendly, clean

12 sites Elec n water at ea site, small turn around that could be used in overflow no hook ups, parking spots near pavillions could also be used, some have dump, others have raised holding tanks, plenty of garbage cans, 2 dumpsters, lower sites watch during rain for rising creek.  There is a dump in upper part of park, states permit required, not sure where to get, however there is a phone number on sign.  Local stated its free, unless they think u r abusing it then payment is needed, did not state what the fee was.  Upper park is play ground, splash pool, bathrooms and a shower stall, no doors on inside of stalls did not use those but they were clean.   Family Dollar which is part grocery store fair prices, 3 gas stations, subway, few restaurants, walking to shopping a friendly town, the wash board a clean friendly laundromat owner gave us lots of info on town and nearby towns. Home of Chickasaw  Indian w a welcome center lots of various info for all of state and activities also has genealogy museum,  war memorial, home of Blake  Shelton w club/cafe/bar that has live music for fee (the dog house) 4 nights a week.  Great stop over before crossing into TX.  NO fire pits, 2 picnic pavilions, some sites have concrete picnic tables, but plenty of tables in pavilions.

Nice Area limited Bathrooms

First weekend of October stayed an the Caney Creek campgound just outside of Kingston, OK.  the campground was very clean and nice however, they only had 1 of the 4 bathroom/showers unlocked. then on Sunday morning they lock the 4th Bathroom/shower (very disappointed).  when the Bathroom was open it was extremely clean and each had it's own private toilet, sink, and shower.  at the campsite, most campsites had a covered picnic table and a large fire pit nearby.  the rv pads were gravel at best but most were level.  overall it was a decent place and because of my style of camping i will be back.

Close sites

You can reserve online, but can’t change site at the office. We camped in February and there weren’t any other tent campers since it was off season. Great visitor center. Pretty lake drive.

Nice area to tent camp

Nice area to tent camp

Okay place to camp

Okay place to camp.

Nice place to stay in RV when on the road traveling

Nice place to stay in RV when on the road traveling. Near Choctaw Casino, plenty of entertainment for travelers.

I grew up in the area, my family really loves it here.

I grew up in the area, my family really loves it here. Nice and peaceful. We prefer the primitive area.

Great spot for us

My wife was having tests at Baylor Hospital. We were thankful this park was close by. We liked the place alot, we parked on one of the many concrete sites. We were able to use the pull thrus but still unhooked for our dr visits.  I think it's a great deal, reasonable and great host. Thanks for a nice stay.  We will return to McKinney and stay with you.

Well kept State Pak

Concrete back in sites with full hookup’s! Also fire rings, covered patio table’s. Great place for fishing kayaking and hiking!

Would score 5 stars!

This is an awesome lake, the campground would score 5 stars but they don’t have full hookup’s! This is a large campground, lots of room between sites! Good place to go for a family camping spot! Shade and level sites! Great for fishing, kayaking, riding bikes!

Yes everything is bigger in Texas!

This park is very large! There is camping for everyone here! Great marina, fishing, hiking, kayaking and camp fires! All types of RV and tent sites! The swimming beach is the best, but you have to walk way down a hill to get to it!

Nice park

We got a Free membership to Thousand Trails when we purchased our RV! This is the 2nd one we stayed at in TX. Sites are wooded, that’s a good thing in Texas! The sites had full hookup, loved that! Not close to the lake , did not like that! Bathrooms were not clean and they could do some upkeep on the property! This is another camping location close to the Dallas area!

Great Sites right on the Lake

Visited this private resort on 9/14/19 for a quick night away from the city. They have a handful of full hookup RV sites and cabins. There is also a marina with a store and kayaks for rent. I’ll definitely return for the lakeside sites. Quiet place, well worth a visit!

Year round enjoyment

Year round enjoyment is part of the reason I like this place! Even though some of the campground is closed in the off season it still offers great camp sites. I've tent camped as well as RV. It is prone to flooding. It has flooded twice that I know of that caused the entire camp ground to be under water and closed for a lengthy time. They have been able to clean up and reopen with the same beauty it had before the flood. It is a Great place for the whole family!!!!

Nice Texas St Park! Class B heaven

Enjoyed a night here. Site was right on the water. Level and clean. Lots of hiking trails. You really can’t go wrong with Johnson Branch on Lake Ray Roberts.

Great for camping and trails

This site is great for hiking, mountain biking and camping.

Outstanding RV area

Hiking, biking, fishing and golf. Lake Murray has it all.;full hook ups

Suburban encroachment

I grew up going to Erwin Park to camp. It was a well kept secret with spacious tent sites, picnic areas and hiking trails.

Located just outside of McKinney, it has become a popular spot with mountain bikers. That can create issues on the weekend when the trails are teeming with cyclists. It just gets crowded and parking can be a challenge. Hiking also isn’t as safe.

The park is maintained by parks & rec and can cleanliness can vary. Unfortunately we have noticed more litter and left over junk in the fire pits as its popularity has increased.

If you are a mountain biker, this park offers great creekbed, wooded trails. As I mentioned before, it’s a popular spot so bring your patience with other riders.

Waterfront sites. Not much privacy.

COE campground. $22/night which is cheaper than the usual $30 at COE campgrounds closer to the DFW area. About an hour and 20 minutes north of the Metroplex. There are actually 2 campgrounds in JP - Juniper Point East and West because they are divided by Hwy. 377. The road into Juniper East is paved with some curves, but no problems getting into the park even for the big rigs that I saw towing boats too.

I stayed on the East side 2 weeks after they reopened from the recent flooding which was substantial. It was also over 100 degrees! As far as I could see the flooding impacted many of the gravel sites which were not level and in some cases sloped off on one side. This was the case for my pad, but I just parked farther over. 30 amp hookup and water pressure was good. Sites come with a concrete picnic bench, campfire ring and a grill/camp stove/fish cleaning stand.

I camped in Site 29 which was at the end of the campground with direct Lake Texoma access and trees behind the site. There’s a mixture of trees, most of which are Junipers, thus the name ;) This makes for scant privacy between sites. I watched my neighbor clean his fish from my camp chair and was delighted by his 3 small dogs barking while he fished from the shore. Sigh…

On the plus side, there was a grassy area that sloped down to the lake which is better than poison ivy or dirt. The main positive for this campground is the location right on the water. Many of the campers pulled their boats up to shore and walked to their rigs. I could put my kayak in from my site as well. In addition, there are 2 boat ramps (one at East and West) and a bathhouse/toliets, but I didn’t use them so can’t speak to their status. I road my bike over to Juniper West. This meant crossing over Hwy 377 with traffic speeding by at 70 mph.  Juniper West appears to be the newer of the 2 campgrounds, with concrete pads. However, the dump station (for both East & West) is located directly across from 4 sites. These sites wouldn’t be my choice.

Lastly, Juniper West has a rockier shore and a higher elevation so there seemed to be more of a breeze. The video is taken of the Juniper West shoreline. This is also where the Cross Timbers trail head is located.  Great hiking for the area! I’m going to try camping at Juniper West and hike the Cross Timbers trail in the fall when it’s cooler.

Casino camping at KOA

Very clean KOA right next to Choctaw casino. They have a shuttle that comes right to your spot to take you to the casino. Cable tv and a great pool as well! Great place!